Lt. Commander
# 41
08-07-2010, 06:36 PM
*looks up*
I never noticed that Angel Chorus right there.

All of that sounds 100% awesome.

Especially 1 vs 1 and Klings and Feds on the same team.
Lt. Commander
# 42 1v1 ftw.
08-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I played a 1v1 private PvP game with a random Klingon player I met about 10 hours ago and I just bumped into him above Qo'nos. I noticed his level was 2 grades above mine, we were the same rank of Lt. Commander and so sent him a PM politely asking if he would like to try a 1v1 space dual, he said yes.

So I clicked create, click for a space map and then invited the random Klingon Faction player to the game, within about 20 seconds we were in the map talking to each other, ready to dual! Remember, you don't normally get to talk to your opponent in a PvP match, so the system they have up now is getting closer to the old Star Trek Bridge Commander system, which allows payers to choose all options available and that works perfectly.

It was awesome, he out classed me with higher spec equipment as I had only just been promoted, but I put up a grand fight, took him down twice, but he had to beat me 15 times to win.

So Cryptic, if it's not already possible for a player to set the amount of points needed to win, please make it so and thank you very much for this awesome feature!

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 43 Just A Reminder
08-09-2010, 06:57 AM
It's still broken. No rush though.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-10-2010, 09:31 AM
1. Thanks

2. Will these choices be PERSISTANT so I don't have to do all those drop down menus again every time we queue up? Doing 3 arenas for a daily we will want the same settings each time until we change them.

3. Great thanks. This will make testing on Tribble imminently more beneficial. We will have quicker, better and more feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-15-2010, 06:00 AM
You originally posted this on 7/30/10 and it is now 8/15/10 and #1 is still not fixed. When are you going to fix it? PVP is most of what I do and I can't even play this game now becaus of this. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-15-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Burge
You originally posted this on 7/30/10 and it is now 8/15/10 and #1 is still not fixed. When are you going to fix it? PVP is most of what I do and I can't even play this game now becaus of this. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed..

PVP is a broken joke.. they come out with patches that fix random little things but ignore the big things.. same from day 1..

We are all just paying to beta test.. simple.
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-15-2010, 02:52 PM
They've got a fix no Tribble that looks and feels promising but I haven't been over there enough to try it (and not with too many others there either). Maybe give it a look, see what you guys think. At this point I'd take it sooner than later just in case it isn't worse than what we have, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-15-2010, 03:51 PM
It's AMAZING!
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
wouldnt it be nice if the pvp felt bigger

i mean for ground combat its very simple just include the brige officers in the ground pvp comat that will allow you to have the same number of players in the game so it dosnt increase waits between pvp matchs
but still make the overall pvp combat bigger in feeling. it would also bring more stratigic thought into the pvp as the brige officers could be left to tryh and hold one postion while the captains(players) attempt to take another and as brige officers in my experiacne cannot do as much damage as a player it wouldnt need too much if any balenceing .
i like star trek online a lot

ps starfleet dosnt have carrierslike the klingon s so maybe a droneship i mean it dosnt seem to far feched that the federation has weapons drones
please make an oberth class refit for lutenent commander

ps ps sorry for poor spelling

qestion does anyone ever actually read these things
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
I agree with this. I don't think it's a good idea to put a rewards system in there, unless there's a way to garner the same rewards through PVE. The only way I'd enjoy PVP is if it were open, so a tournament system is even less enticing than the current methods.
Of course, any special rewards given in PvP must be available through non PvP missions also. It is obvious that serious reprecusions would occure if favoritism develops in any part of STO.

With the above said, I have been posting in other areas about the disappointment this current PvP system is to me. It is not because it is a bad system. On the contrary, I like the capture and hold and arena space engagements very much, but it is too restrictive with its player leveling and monotonus with the continous spawning, and the chalange system is a good idea too, but it doesn't satisfy the desire to fight for gain and/or glory. I hope the devs realize that PvP should include an Open PvP that effects assets/territory and is selected by the player to participate in by accepting the Open PvP mission. In addition to it being an open arena, there should be no respawning, which will reset after a victor to the overall conflit is determined either by the elimination of the participating opponets and their npc, or by holding enough assets at the end of a certain time period. I would also like to see a human player be able to control the computer assets like Battlefield 2142 has. I include this because it is a very cool thing. Also, I would like to see Fleets be able to set up a starbase in undefended space to defend that area of space - for stratigic reasons hopfully. Ultimately, I would like to see Open PvP not predetermined, so alliances can be made with any fraction before one actually starts actions that will iniate a war with fraction being victimized. Yea, I know. I have a long wishlist, but it is only because I love StarTrek so much. I hope the devs can see that the current system is not satisfing the general gammer, and it is just barely keeping us diehard trekies entertained. It is my wish that STO "lives long and prospers".
Closed Thread