Lt. Commander
# 51
08-24-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't know if it has been suggested so I thought I'd throw it out there ...

PvP mission type : Invasion

Simply put it would be a timed match based on making it though "checkpoints" in attempts to take a starbase or other equally important objective.

Implementing would involve spawning on opposing sides of the map and having to capture small checkpoints on your way to the final objective. Additionally the next checkpoint would be where the opposing team spawns giving them a chance to regroup and push back the tide if you will. Add increasing base defenses the deeper the opposing team pushes into enemy territory. I'm not the developer but I think it would be interesting and rather epic . Shoot, make the station/objective a living npc with its own weapons . The victor is whom ever pushes furthest into enemy territory.

Please excuse my typing, doing this on a phone isn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be.

Oh and as always thank you the features look great
Lt. Commander
# 52 i got a better Idea
08-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Why don't we make PVP not like WOW but more like Star Wars Galaxy? Where you could challenge your enemy where ever you get in contact with him. Right now we have created Fed players that do not know how to fight. Fed teams lose to Klingons teams more than they win. Feds are use to playing by themselves and less battling. The klingons are just use to fighting togehter in packs. Many Fed plays act like rambo and fly off alone like they are the hero of the day, leaving their team and themselves vulnerable to a klingon pack attack. If you make PVP where you can attack you enemy where ever you see him then the Klingons won't always have this pack attack advantage because they would have to get friends to make a team instead of queing up. Sometimes the Fed might get lucky and have a friend with him. If the odds are bad then the player should be able to try to out fly his opponant till he reaches out of bounds then warp out.

Tell me whats wrong with that idea?
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-31-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm in agreement for getting PvP to the point where it can be done "open world" for lack of a better term.

Fed and Klingon ships should be able to engage each other from sector space. It should work exactly the way it does for the random npc encounters. Once the two ships engage each other, it creates an instance for them to battle it out. It should be visible on the sector space map where people are having PvP encounters. Players from both sides should be able to jump in to the instance to assist, just as they can do currently with the npc encounters.

This would be a good initial step in broadening the PvP content.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-31-2010, 09:32 AM
You have a good idea and it has been suggested before but I have not seen a reply for Cryptic one way or the other on open PvP. It’s a shame too as I think this would really make the game that much more enjoyable for me and other people that like the PvP aspect of STO. If they tied the PvP challenge to the “available for open team” status then you could give people not wanting to do PvP an out. So if they are not available for open team a challenger could not engage them in a PvP match.
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post
Greetings all,

I wanted to give out some information on what's on the way for PvP in the near term.

1) A bug fix for the updated PvP queue system that causes match launch failure.

2) A simplified queue list that focuses the choices to space/ground, game type, and factions.

3) A new PvP Private Battle lobby interface. Private battles will allow for a wide variety of customization for creating the battle scenario you want to play.
Want to play 1 on 1? In.
Want to play 3 on 5? In.
Want to play with teams of mixed tier ships against another? In.
Want to mix Starfleet and Klingon ships on the same side? In.

Basically the only restrictions are the game type being tied to the battlefield map, as those elements are linked together with the way the existing maps are built. Otherwise, you'll have the functionality to either create a straightforward private match or recreate whatever team configurations you want to play with. This will be great for Fleets or Houses to challenge each other using their players from across all rank ranges.

4) Specific tournament queues that open for a fixed window of time (likely something short to start with; a weekend) that will track your individual performance and display the results with rewards given out for top honors.

More is on the way, but the above is in development (or already in testing) and should be out soon.

Thanks as always for your patience,
-snix

Look i played this game since the beta and all way through head start i made a klingon guild with other people and we called it All Guns Blazing we were top ground pvp guild on server and we proved that wen 3 of us returned yesterday and kicked 5 feds behinds but worst of all this been like what 6 or somthing months now and still NO WORLD PVP what the hell is this we done a survey a while back 2nd month or so game was released and i know more than half people wanted world pvp and all cryptic do is focus on PVE and minigames minigames ye there ok but its boring doing the same thing over and over and over again also the game is way to easy i member i made like 1 million before i even reached captin. What cryptic need to do is sit down make the nutral zone on how it was suppose to be WORLD PVP AREA get rid of war zones there useless and crap and make it all these dif planets and stations that we can fight over on land and in space to take over because i just returned after a few months quiting this game and i already feel like quiting again
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
can we get some XP or some BO for doing one on one pvp not many but some seems unfair that 1 vs 1 pvp however so much fun should be downgraded as a none point earner say 50 xp for the winner and 35 for the looser not many but a fair amount seeing as its taken about 20 mins to have a match
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
4) Specific tournament queues

Will this include an ever changing universal PvP leader board, this would also give us PvPers more of an incentive to battle more.

AND will the PvP loot Items be PvP based, like there stats etc....

Thanks for the update, Cant wait till it go's live.
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-24-2010, 03:19 AM
There is always some talk about "Open PvP" and "Territory Control" to give the war meaning and more meat to the PvP system. This seems like a very big project requiring a lot of effort. How about starting small? Here's my idea for it: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3051117

(Sorry for "shameless plugging" this, but I decided against putting this into the PvP forums and it seems the interested PvPers didn't take note of it. Maybe a Dev should move the thread after all.)
Lt. Commander
So far i find the ques to be more of a hinderence then getting to actually pvp i can do it sometimes but most of the time it says people didnt respond or join etc. I would prefer open world pv like swg has at least that way i can just go and pvp not wonder if im going to after 30 out of 100 tries. Would be pretty nice space pvp should be like the fleet action without the npcs u just warp into a huge on going pvp battle. Another thing is why is there no large scale battles? i seem to be able to only 3-5 vs 3-5 im used to pvp where its like 20 or more fighting at once = / oh well thats my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 60
10-23-2010, 12:22 PM
If there isn't at least an open PVP type area somewhere by January I'm going to cancel my renewal. Considering what we had with SFC3 5+ years ago, the current state of STO (in terms of ship combat and space acquisition) is just sad.

Guess more interest was shown for PVE content...
Closed Thread