Lt. Commander
# 81
04-20-2011, 11:52 PM
These "upcoming" PvP additions are gonna mean squat at the rate PvP players are leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 82
04-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
They said before season 2 rolled out, that they weren't planning to implement any in game tournament set up mechanics. Any tournaments we'd have to run ourselves.
Now that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I mean, I can see why they don't necessarily want to get into the business of operating official PvP tournaments. But I don't get why they wouldn't provide the tech and mechanism to support persistent PvP scoring.

Leaderboards for fleets and individuals would work better and fairer as a game-engine supported feature, I would think.

And House VS House PvP for the KDF is really a good idea, I would also think.
Lt. Commander
# 83
04-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Now that doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I mean, I can see why they don't necessarily want to get into the business of operating official PvP tournaments. But I don't get why they wouldn't provide the tech and mechanism to support persistent PvP scoring.

Leaderboards for fleets and individuals would work better and fairer as a game-engine supported feature, I would think.

And House VS House PvP for the KDF is really a good idea, I would also think.
No, it doesn't make a lot of sense for an MMO that should be the preeminent space game, but then Cyrptic isnít trying to make STO preeminent. They are only concerned about catering (re:C-store, skirts, etc.) to lowest common denominator that can generate a buttload of cash.

That is why we have to create our own leagues, such as STO Champions or KT Leauge. To their credit, Knights Templar put a lot of work into their League and because of Cryptic's f-ups destroying PvP balance people left. Now, we have to artificially create an arena (STO Champions ) where balance issues are minimized; not eliminated.

Cryptic really doesn't care about PvP and they have demonstrated that time and time again. As a result, the VAST majority of gamers who were here at launch (and before in closed & open beta) have left this stinkpile for other MMOs that consider PvP to be an integral and important part of the game.

Now, while I rail against Cryptic and wish to high heavens they would WAKE UP AND SMELL THE PHASERS, they may be at the mercy of A-fail-ri. Still, it is coming from them. There is no communication (verbal or programming) that indicates otherwise. So Cryptic, in my book, gets to take the ALL the blame.

(This will probably get me an infraction, but I don't give a monkey fart. Players are not generally permitted to voice negative analysis. There is nothing up there that isn't supportable.)
Lt. Commander
# 84
04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Cross faction teaming for private matches, please!
Lt. Commander
# 85
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Cross faction teaming for private matches, please!
We have it; with restriction. Check it out.
Lt. Commander
# 86
04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
If a KDF player is on the same PVP team as a Starfleet player, they can't join the same team, making communication difficult.

I think that's what he or she is asking for, allowing opposing faction teaming during PVP while on the same PVP team.
Lt. Commander
# 87
04-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
If a KDF player is on the same PVP team as a Starfleet player, they can't join the same team, making communication difficult.

I think that's what he or she is asking for, allowing opposing faction teaming during PVP while on the same PVP team.
He is asking for cross-faction teaming in PRIVATE matches which is available and our league allows. (Again, with restriction.)

What you would be referring to is the STO queue-generated PvP. Cross-faction is only possible through private matches. The only difficulty that a cross-faction teams have is with assisting the off-faction player(s). In a leauge, all the memebers of a team tend to have some form of voice communications.
Lt. Commander
# 88
04-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
The only difficulty that a cross-faction teams have is with assisting the off-faction player(s).
And I think this is exactly what Jorf is talking about. You cannot have a team (as in F1-F5 targets the team members) with players from different factions.
Lt. Commander
# 89
04-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
He is asking for cross-faction teaming in PRIVATE matches which is available and our league allows. (Again, with restriction.)
Seems you misunderstood as I was trying to explain what this poster quoted below just explained...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
You cannot have a team (as in F1-F5 targets the team members) with players from different factions.
Even in a private match, if you have a KDF player and a Starfleet player on the same PVP team, they can not be on the same team (as in F1-F5 targets], causing communication to be difficult in game without 3rd party assistance.
Lt. Commander
# 90
04-26-2011, 05:22 AM
PVP this illogical and also outside of Star Trek.
The PVP had to play in the border areas / zones neutral as TV in the evenings.
giving a logical reason for doing PVP
example:
1 border 10 systems
Faction (KLD / SFL), which holds more than one system has a bonus of% damage in pvp and pve
the fleet can put their emblem on the system and pay with resources, boosting the defense of it.
Keep the system for a long time to get bonuses for special accessories.

and the conquest begins.

Who does not want to participate in the PVP does not enter the neutral zone.

after 3 pg V.A. no longer makes sense to play STO
Closed Thread