Lt. Commander
# 121
07-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDove
They use more than 1 server to run this game, and some of them are shared between shards (like the chat server), so they would need to have double the number of servers for this to work, and that is a BIG upfront investment just to save two or three hours downtime every week or so on a game (more after a big patch, but if we could get more play time on tribble with it...) - this isn't exactly "mission critical" stuff we're doing

Me, personally, I'd rather that money and manpower go to developing more content for me to enjoy when the game is up, I mean it is just a game
Of course its just a game but i paid for it and not only 50 like for a "normal PC Game like Armed Assault 2 or Fallout 3 [2 games that have much Playtime and not only 8h like CoD].

More content is better for me too and even 2h downtime everyday is ok if its only after a new big patch and normally only 1 big downtime in a week.

What they have down with the voice Over on Dabo was the right way i hope we get more of this. And some Viedeos too, then one day its as good as Mass Effect 1+2+3 together but with more content to play then all 3 togehter on Fed+Klingon+Romulan Side together.
Lt. Commander
# 122
07-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzySmith View Post
Yeah. Enjoy that frothy sensation. Swish it around a little bit, and then swallow it along with your pride. Re-enjoy all those tasty drinks you had tonight along with your half-chewed dinner. And keep in mind, they don't have to be doing maintenance at all on a weekend, but they'd rather the game be fixed for the players world-wide.

Patience is a virtue.
Had less to do with my pride and more to do with your need to post your support of the poor devs who have to work on weekends. They get paid mate.

Get over yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 123
07-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil9mm View Post
Had less to do with my pride and more to do with your need to post your support of the poor devs who have to work on weekends. They get paid mate.

Get over yourself.
And my support of the devs who have to work on a weekend is a bad thing?

Ooookay. They get paid. Still must suck to have to get up at 1am to come in to work to see posts by the likes of you.

A little word of encouragement goes a long way.
Lt. Commander
# 124
07-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzySmith View Post
And my support of the devs who have to work on a weekend is a bad thing?

Ooookay. They get paid. Still must suck to have to get up at 1am to come in to work to see posts by the likes of you.

A little word of encouragement goes a long way.
Words of encouragement have been said since launch, I havent seen any sort of improvement at all
Lt. Commander
# 125
07-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
And what is UTC? My point was that the whole world knows what GMT is... we do not necessarily know other references. My argument was that the game should align itself to an internationally recognisable standard ratehr than leaving me to google the damn acronym.
LOL well bless your heart that you had to take the 15 seconds that I did, who didnt know it either, to find out what it was. Try breathing, you'll feel better .
Lt. Commander
# 126
07-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Words of encouragement have been said since launch, I havent seen any sort of improvement at all
then you need to borrow my glasses...
either...
1. you have not been playing for past 3 months
2. make unfound accusations in the form of personal notations

so which is it? Yeah, I am being a jerk here on this. Enough of the naysaying, if you like it play it, if you dont, uninstall it and move the hell on.

lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.