Lt. Commander
# 11
07-31-2010, 03:23 AM
I would like to pick up something Fractal_Eye mentioned:

Call me old-fashioned.
I do not listen to many podcasts, and I very much prefer a normal, written interview published on a blog/website.

There are usually no transcripts, and it is very evident that many people on the forum do not bother with podcasts. -> A lot of interesting information gets lost.

I am not criticizing this podcast in particular, but so far most have been a horrible waste of time due to low quality and being run by amateurs I would not bother listening to if it would not be for this very interview.

I hope for more coverage on fan sites and games magazines and less podcasts in future.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-31-2010, 06:07 AM
The STOP jerks should get banned themselves for discussing disciplinary action used on the forums...information that is putting the target of your smear campaign account at risk as well...did you happen to think about that possibility?.

Now his account username is out there for everyone.....how many account hijack attempts do think he is going to get now because of your idiot move.?

Talking about people and what they do is one thing...but publicly announcing his account username is just plain irresponsible of you guys.

You could have kept it as simple as " hey, here is a post from the STO forum I found saying blah blah blah..." but no...you had to call out a specific account name.

Your podcast should be shut down, and all association to you idiots should be removed from STO's website..

Never again idiots.

shameful.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
The STOP jerks should get banned themselves for discussing disciplinary action used on the forums...information that is putting the target of your smear campaign account at risk as well...did you happen to think about that possibility?.

Now his account username is out there for everyone.....how many account hijack attempts do think he is going to get now because of your idiot move.?

Talking about people and what they do is one thing...but publicly announcing his account username is just plain irresponsible of you guys.

You could have kept it as simple as " hey, here is a post from the STO forum I found saying blah blah blah..." but no...you had to call out a specific account name.

Your podcast should be shut down, and all association to you idiots should be removed from STO's website..

Never again idiots.

shameful.
You DO realize that your forum name and your account name are different right? (Well unless you goofed up; in which case you need to be talking to support to get them separated.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-01-2010, 01:29 PM
45 Minute mark for those curious.

I'm just shaking my head at this, it's sad when people think they have a right to mention another member was banned when it's none of their business.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Omg
08-02-2010, 04:56 AM
omg you people are over reacting, this guy got what he deserves.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Folks, we don't have control over what a publication chooses to say about anything.

The team at STOP interviewed CapnLogan, then published that interview. We linked to that interview. The remainder of their content isn't something we endorse. We do, however, want to make sure you have as much access to the dev team as possible, including what they say in off-site interviews, so we link to it.

I'm also sure the people behind STOP have read this thread and are aware of your disappointment. However, what they choose to talk about in future podcasts remains up to them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Seeing the other thread was closed here is my response to STOP from the other thread.

As the person named in the STOP Podcast, I feel the need to clarify that I am indeed a separate person from the Main person mentioned in the cast.

They made an assumption and were completely wrong about it being just one person with two accounts.

As far as my Handle being used it was in bad form imo. Not much can be done about it now.

Should they be endorsed on the Forums? Well, if they wish to use the forums and it's contents I would hope they would respect it's rules but this is the internet and people will do as they wish.

They only goal I had in all of my forums dealings in the past few weeks was to get attention focused on the KDF. As I believe a single faction MMO will not survive.

People on this forum are divided it seems, those that are for Cryptic and defend them by any means needed IE De-railed threads to get them closed or moved as one example.

In the other camp are those that are not happy with Cryptic and its policies but still wish for the game to be more. They attack by making many threads and keeping them alive to get the point across that something needs attention by any means available as another example.

This was my first ban on any forums in all the years I have played MMORPGs. I rarely care enough to post on a forum as it is because they tend to be toxic by nature but in this case and this game for some reason I cared enough to get passionate about it.

Right or wrong there has been more Dev attention in the KDF forums in the past week or so then in a long time, and I am happy about that.

Live, love, and do what you will.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Folks, we don't have control over what a publication chooses to say about anything.

The team at STOP interviewed CapnLogan, then published that interview. We linked to that interview. The remainder of their content isn't something we endorse. We do, however, want to make sure you have as much access to the dev team as possible, including what they say in off-site interviews, so we link to it.

I'm also sure the people behind STOP have read this thread and are aware of your disappointment. However, what they choose to talk about in future podcasts remains up to them.

While it is true you can't control 3rd parties, you can certainly limit access they get to Cryptic staff and therefore limit the need to post links leading back to them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan

I think this is a ****** marketing move there Rekhan. You guys are so desperate for attention you endorsed a group slandering your own forum members (aka your customer base). If you had any respect, you should have yanked it down off your site and made a statement against their actions, even if it wasn't directly linked to the interview of CapnLogan. But as always, you guys turned into a bunch of wimps and did nothing. Heck, if anyone at the company did research prior to the interview you might have seen the problem yet... Good job Cryptic, yet again you made a bad decision, and continue to support it to the depths of infinite stupidity. I hope someone includes you in a libel suit.
Closed Thread