Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
Is this ever going to be fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-31-2010, 12:12 AM
I thinks yes, because i have an ATI HD4870 1GB, and i activate the dynamic lighting, without bug.
i ve play about 8 hours, on space and ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuina
I thinks yes, because i have an ATI HD4870 1GB, and i activate the dynamic lighting, without bug.
i ve play about 8 hours, on space and ground combat.
I'll give it a shot. Has anyone seen anything in the patch notes about this or other official word from either ATi or Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 4 it's not fixed yet.
07-31-2010, 04:53 PM
i played a ground mission yesterday, with dynamic lighting on, and it did the same crash that it has always done with dynamic lighting on...and it was during my very first skirmish. i haven't had any problems with dynamic lighting turned off, so that's the way that it will stay, until they fix it...if they ever fix it!

i have an ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of on-card memory.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morris
i played a ground mission yesterday, with dynamic lighting on, and it did the same crash that it has always done with dynamic lighting on...and it was during my very first skirmish. i haven't had any problems with dynamic lighting turned off, so that's the way that it will stay, until they fix it...if they ever fix it!

i have an ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of on-card memory.
What version of Catalyst?

I've got 10.7 and no crashes with dynamic lighting so far, but that means little because I haven't done very many ground missions yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
What version of Catalyst?

I've got 10.7 and no crashes with dynamic lighting so far, but that means little because I haven't done very many ground missions yet.
Yes, I also have Catalyst 10.7...that, and the release of Season 2, inclined me to try it out and see if it had been fixed. My first ground mission...my first skirmish with dynamic lighting on, since those updates, allowed me to experience my first crash since I gave up dynamic lighting...so, no, it's not fixed yet. Sorry if it seems like I have an attitude...I don't, at least not towards any of the posters here. I'm just frustrated with how long that this issue has been around, and the fact that none of the parties involved has been willing, or able to come up with a solution, That's aimed at ATARI/ Cryptic, ATI, and, probably most deserving, Nvidia (the way it's meant to be played), for their original coding.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Nevermind. Just crashed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morris
Yes, I also have Catalyst 10.7...that, and the release of Season 2, inclined me to try it out and see if it had been fixed. My first ground mission...my first skirmish with dynamic lighting on, since those updates, allowed me to experience my first crash since I gave up dynamic lighting...so, no, it's not fixed yet. Sorry if it seems like I have an attitude...I don't, at least not towards any of the posters here. I'm just frustrated with how long that this issue has been around, and the fact that none of the parties involved has been willing, or able to come up with a solution, That's aimed at ATARI/ Cryptic, ATI, and, probably most deserving, Nvidia (the way it's meant to be played), for their original coding.
Oh, no attitude problem. I'm pretty angry about it myself, since I'm not entirely certain Cryptic didn't put that in the game by design. After all, they do prominently display some kind of "made for nVidia" logo.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-03-2010, 03:44 AM
Hmm, so you guys with problems still got problems even with 10.7?

What are your 3D CCC settings?
Im working with:
Anti-Aliasing - Use application settings(filter is set to box though, dunno if that makes a diff)
Adaptive A-A - Enabled(Quality)
Aniso. filtering - Use application settings
Catalyst A.I. - Advanced
Mipmap Detail Level - 2nd Performance tier (out of the 4 tiers)

10.4 Catalyst on a HD4670, pondering on going to the 10.7 because of the new VLC GPU video acceleration.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
No offense to any one you but i play with an ATI HD3850 and i did not have any crash happen lately on ground mission or in space with all option on and set to max quality.

The trouble might not be just with Cryptic. It might be a trouble with the ATI driver itself with some video card model.