Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2010, 11:35 AM
a dune buggy might be bad. but shuttles would ne nice for sure. it would be something else to do on ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Im no trekkie, but i remember a star trek movie where picard and that klingon dude (and some others) went down to a planet from their ship (kinda like a desert planet?) and rode a vehicle similar to a ''NASA dune buggy''.
I THOGHT IT WAS -UBER*COOL!!!
So im all for the ground vehicles idea!
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalor
Im no trekkie, but i remember a star trek movie where picard and that klingon dude (and some others) went down to a planet from their ship (kinda like a desert planet?) and rode a vehicle similar to a ''NASA dune buggy''.
I THOGHT IT WAS -UBER*COOL!!!
So im all for the ground vehicles idea!
Yes, that is the one that almost everyone detests, that scene was so incredibly out of place.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
Yes, that is the one that almost everyone detests, that scene was so incredibly out of place.
yeah, i said im not a trekkie.
And if ur not just speaking for yourself, and even the st fans, BUT TALKING FOR almost ALL mankind, (you didnt say ''i'' detest, you said; ''almost everyone'' ) than i must say that i am so impressed by your ....... err infinite wisdom and statistical abilities.

But i wonder, does that also mean that you are against ground vehicles in STO or...?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalor
yeah, i said im not a trekkie.
And if ur not just speaking for yourself, and even the st fans, BUT TALKING FOR almost ALL mankind, (you didnt say ''i'' detest, you said; ''almost everyone'' ) than i must say that i am so impressed by your ....... err infinite wisdom and statistical abilities.

But i wonder, does that also mean that you are against ground vehicles in STO or...?
Yes, I am good with the statistics aren't I. The scene was such a godawful train wreck full of out-of-place sillyness that it is very difficult not to dislike though I probably am estimating only the Trekker community on that one.

I am against them but only for specific reasons.

The map sizes are far too small for a vehicle to make any sense, and we have transporters, vehicles would seldom be used when you can transport directly to the site and the additional code just to add ground vehicles would be expensive and mostly pointless.

Those are my main problems with them
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Well, as i said, i think the vehicles would be a lot of fun,
BUT i also got to admit that you have some valid points there in ur reply
Especially the one about the map sizes being too small to grant any actual adventage of adding vehicles.
A man can dream, though...