Lt. Commander
# 1 Aug 1 PvP Changes
08-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Dunno about you, but I find the new PvP queue to be even more confusing.

I just don't see why not it can't be seperated into the Types of Arena that's selectable on the sides of the queue?

Space: FvK
Space: FvF

Ground: FvK
Ground: FvF

The Queues are improved, but it's still not intializing for some players, though better it was when Season 2 went online.

Also, I noticed in the FvF Capture and Hold maps that Red Squadron's Capture Icon is Klingon than the old Red Federation. So I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-01-2010, 05:19 PM
I've been watching the queues closely for the last hour. I'm noticing a lot more players are getting into maps than before the patch, however I'm noticing that occasionally there is an issue where players are getting unexpectedly booted from the queue when the queue pops. I will continue to investigate.

Also, private queues are going up, which is exiciting, however I'm noticing that the map state isn't getting set properly. If you are experiencing problems with private games because of this, please notify me and I will see if I can fix the game state.
Lt. Commander
I hate to keep griping but this really is ridiculous. Admittedly, part of my frustration is stemming from the fact that I don't know anything about what's going on behind the scenes. All I want to do is queue up and pew pew a bit but you guys can't get the queue to work.

I'm fine with only allowing us to queue up for one type of map. I even like the idea that if you enter the queue then as soon as the numbers are there with you everything stops and you are teleported to the match. Hell, put it back the way it was and let us fight our 3 v 5 uneven teams, please. Thank you for monitoring it. Anything is better than this garbage.

[Edit] I forgot to say "please" and "thank you"
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-01-2010, 05:35 PM
how about the more pressing issue of the feds always having more players in the capture and hold missions than the klingons. its not really that fair when the feds have more players at all.

Every single match my group has been in since the patch we have had the same, feds outnumber us by several ships. In a capture and hold map its a hell of a advantage as they have enough players to capture while fighting.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I have been noticing I will queue for space cap FvK and ground will pop.

Despite never queuing for ground at all
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I did that the first time around too, before I finally noticed that ground is now at the top where the space queues used to be. Maybe that's not your issue, but you may want to double check just in case. Old habits die hard and I used to queue up on autopilot, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Unfortunately it looks like Starfleet is outnumbering Klingons by about 2 to 1 in most queues I have seen. Many are complaining about the new system as it doesn't start games unless they are matched within +-1 players for smaller queues and +- 2 for the larger maps (area control for example).

Turning this off potentially imbalances the games even more - returning the games to possibly highly imbalanced like you would see pre-Season 2. Tightening this up more means that even more games would be canceled. If we balanced queues and didn't require players to accept their offers (auto-accept), then we'd run into the problem of AFKs in games.

We will be tuning the PvP queues more in the coming weeks to try to come to the best possible solution, but for now that is our predicament.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
Unfortunately it looks like Starfleet is outnumbering Klingons by about 2 to 1 in most queues I have seen. Many are complaining about the new system as it doesn't start games unless they are matched within +-1 players for smaller queues and +- 2 for the larger maps (area control for example). Turning this off potentially imbalances the games even more. Tightening this up more means that even more games would be canceled. If we balanced queues and didn't require players to accept their offers, then we'd run into the problem of AFKs in games. We will be tuning the PvP queues more in the coming weeks to try to come to the best possible solution, but for now that is our predicament.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately it looks like Starfleet is outnumbering Klingons by about 2 to 1 in most queues I have seen. Many are complaining about the new system as it doesn't start games unless they are matched within +-1 players for smaller queues and +- 2 for the larger maps (area control for example).

Turning this off potentially imbalances the games even more - returning the games to possibly highly imbalanced like you would see pre-Season 2. Tightening this up more means that even more games would be canceled. If we balanced queues and didn't require players to accept their offers (auto-accept), then we'd run into the problem of AFKs in games.

We will be tuning the PvP queues more in the coming weeks to try to come to the best possible solution, but for now that is our predicament.
When the cap and hold limit was 5 up to 7, those games usually had 7 people on each side...eventually. That number of 9 is full of crap - I haven't seen 9 Klingon BGs in any Cap and Hold match I've been in on Sunday - much less 10 (Feds have had 10 in every match, while the most Klingons I've even seen in a game is 8 but often more like 7).

Bottom line is, pre-season 2 was better than every thing we have seen so far post season 2. It wasn't perfect, but the fixes that supposedly insure equal matches are anything but - I have not seen an even PvP match since Wednesday - and Sunday is by far the worst.

Every change is a regression from the pre-season 2 system. You are going backward - and with the latest patch it appears your moving the wrong direction at flank speed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Playing with imbalanced teams certainly was a lot more fun than getting < 4 matches per day and spending hours on top of hours just sitting in the queue and clicking through the invitation windows and the "NoPossibleMaps" prompts.

I think most of our fleet in fact just logged off to play Starcraft 2 after getting fed up with fighting with the extremely cryptic queue system for the last three hours.