Lt. Commander
# 1 Addressing RA's in diaglog
07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
It seems just wrong from the aspect of a Navy Vet that every time you are addressed in dialog of the game, that they address you as "Rear Admiral Lower Class or Rear Admiral Upper Class ect. ect." This just does not ever happen in the military and would actually be considered rude from a superior, and insubordinate from a subordinate. Once you reach Rear Admiral, you are simply addressed as Admiral. The rest just describes what your pay grade is on paper for the most part. It would be nice to see this fixed in future patches. I know it may seem like a small deal, but to us in the military, its like scratching a chalkboard every time you see or hear it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Agreed. Thank you for saying something.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-31-2010, 06:27 AM
Admiral.

That's it....admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Aye
08-01-2010, 11:03 AM
That's true the specific level of the Admiral is said for certain reasons or occasions not every time someone talks to them.

Saying something quick that in time is factor your just going to say Admiral which takes 2 sec or so not spend 10 seconds on saying it out in full. It's very impractical.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Thank you for creating the 1.345.765th thread about this. I totally agree, though. Like i did in the gazillion other threads about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Well, hopefully that helps to show devs that its an issue. That being said, I looked like 10 pages back before posting it and I did not see a thread about it. If I missed one, oh well. Like I said, good to know there is feedback about it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-01-2010, 02:22 PM
It looks like its been a while since anyone posted here, even though the problem hasn't been fixed yet. I can't imagine it would take 1 person more then an hour to fix it. So, how about it, Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-01-2010, 03:23 PM
In total agreement, and I'm not even military (yet, anyway. Hoping to be within the next few months).

Hopefully this gets fixed. I'm not even sure why they felt the need to differentiate between lower class and upper class as far as the Admiralty goes. Would Rear Admiral 1-10 leading to Vice Admiral not have sufficed, same as every other rank?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dintro
It seems just wrong from the aspect of a Navy Vet that every time you are addressed in dialog of the game, that they address you as "Rear Admiral Lower Class or Rear Admiral Upper Class ect. ect." This just does not ever happen in the military and would actually be considered rude from a superior, and insubordinate from a subordinate. Once you reach Rear Admiral, you are simply addressed as Admiral. The rest just describes what your pay grade is on paper for the most part. It would be nice to see this fixed in future patches. I know it may seem like a small deal, but to us in the military, its like scratching a chalkboard every time you see or hear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Thank you for creating the 1.345.765th thread about this. I totally agree, though. Like i did in the gazillion other threads about it.
But I liked how he worded this thread. But I agree, it should be changed. =)