Lt. Commander
# 1 Profession Related Missions
08-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Okay, so I am curious, should we have missions geared towards specific professions. A simple example:

Professional Skillpoints(tied to title): These would be points which will cause you to earn a title... which could be used in a database at Starfleet Command. Captain X made the rank of Doctor... then Starfleet Medical Attache or something... profession-specific... make it feel like a career in starfleet. We have ranks, why not establish some significance to these with missions based on your profession... not just combat or pew pew. I would so pay for things like VO, Anyway, here are some thoughts for missions:

Engineering: Repair warp nacelles and learn about a ship's tech... quizzes which correctly answered help you to repair the warp core in time or the planet's engineering systems

Medical/Science: DIagnose/Heal rare diseases across the quadrants by linking evidence acquired on some missions... present information to Starfleet Command on Sol Starbase... able to be failed but once passed you get Diplomatic XP and Professional XP points.

Tactical: Work with federation scientists to modify cloaking or special weaponry to attack an oncoming fleet of vessels in x quadrant or system. Piece together the items from first contact missions with other species.

There are sooo many different possibilities with this game. It's just mind-boggling. That's what makes me want to stick with STO... even though, to be honest, it is boring at times... I just feel there is a ton of growth that can be done here. Please feel free to post thoughts or suggestions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I would be totally for something like this. Darren_Kitlor started a thread last week I believe about an alternative leveling concept that I sort of offered a suggestion similar to this. Allow a 'class' to have a specialized branch they can pursue and potentially get missions and nifty little perks, bonuses from. I support anything that helps me flesh out my character and offer a more robust experience.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2010, 03:49 PM
We arnt in those branches anymore though, we're in Command branch. That's all **** for our crew to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, it was just a suggestion to keep it interesting