Lt. Commander
So with the introduction of the FDC we finally have a system in place for diplomacy, meeting new races and inviting them to join our happy interstellar dysfunctional family

In order to counterbalance this I want to propose 3 other organizations.

NOTE; please see the Iconic Worlds Proposal here; http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...423#post158423
And my Sol expansion proposal here; http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=173167
Before continuing as this idea is dependant on the functionalities descirbed there.

FEDERATION

We have a Diplo corps, but to counterbalance that we need;

Section 31;

Objectives;
--Run Espionage/assasination/etc missions
--You can still run diplo missions, but you only get 1/4th the diplo XP

Cost;
--You only get 1/4th diplo XP but In exchange running diplo missions while in S-31 will allow you to aquire S-31 XP
--You only gain 1/2 Starfleet merit rewards for all missions
--You can not collect on all diplo corps rewards. (uniforms yes, TW powers yes, others no)

Benefits;
--You gain access to special S-31 gear/tech/etc
--You can 'opt out' if you dislike it by completing an anti-S-31 mission, and you will regain all the costs above but you loose all S-31 benefits.

KLINGONS

Klingon Intelligence;

Objectives;
--Run missions inside Federation space, assasination, espionage, surgical strikes

Cost;
--None, Klingons endorse this kind of thing.

Benefits;
--Similar to FDC, special uniform, transwarp powers, and a 'defector' BoFF of choice from the Fed side.

Klingon Alliance Oversight Council;

Objectives;
--Run FDC like missions for the Klingons focusing on the Gorn/Orions/Naussicans etc and keeping the alliance together

Cost;
--None, this alliance is endorsed by the Klingons (doh...)

Benefits;
--Access to a purple level Boff from each race
--Access to special race specific gear if you are not of that race.
(EG as a Gorn I can get Gorn specific weapons, but not Naussican.
Through the KAOC I can get a few of those)
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Well, Section 31 are actually terrorists - they're not Starfleet Intel.

There's a huge thread on Intelligence Missions and the various agencies (Starfleet Intel, V'shar, Bajoran Intelligence, Klingon Intelligence, Obsidian Order, Tal'Shiar)
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=151355
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Well, Section 31 are actually terrorists - they're not Starfleet Intel.

There's a huge thread on Intelligence Missions and the various agencies (Starfleet Intel, V'shar, Bajoran Intelligence, Klingon Intelligence, Obsidian Order, Tal'Shiar)
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=151355
You and me, we have to stop meeting like this :p

They need to sticky your threads and save us all the trouble of duplicates.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Section 31 plz, but only if Takila Mac is a possible character race.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
You and me, we have to stop meeting like this :p

They need to sticky your threads and save us all the trouble of duplicates.
No, no. Feel free to borrow anything from my threads to support yours. I'm sure everyone who contributed to them want to see those features added - so the thread really doesn't matter so long as the voice is heard.

I'm a creative commons junkie. An Attribution - Non-commericial - Share Alike license was even placed on my first published book.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I heard Klingons kill first and ask questions later.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
No, no. Feel free to borrow anything my threads to support yours. I'm sure everyone who contributed to them want to see those features added - so the thread really doesn't matter so long as the voice is heard.
Thanks, man I searched for section 31 but I go some odd error about search term length
(to be fair, I have never ever met a good forum search system. ever.)

Its too bad there isn't a separate but prominent suggestion forum with defined child-forums for various segments of the game.

It would alleviate the problem of good threads getting bumped off of page 1 or 2 and make the devs' lives easier too when looking for ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Thanks, man I searched for section 31 but I go some odd error about search term length
(to be fair, I have never ever met a good forum search system. ever.)

Its too bad there isn't a separate but prominent suggestion forum with defined child-forums for various segments of the game.

It would alleviate the problem of good threads getting bumped off of page 1 or 2 and make the devs' lives easier too when looking for ideas.
Well, the feedback forums sort-of handle this idea. However, very few post there relatively.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Well, the feedback forums sort-of handle this idea. However, very few post there relatively.
Meh, to me feedback = subjects pertaining to existing in-game things
suggestions = ideas for new things.

But everyones concept of organization is different....
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Meh, to me feedback = subjects pertaining to existing in-game things
suggestions = ideas for new things.

But everyones concept of organization is different....
well, suggestions may also imply how to improve existing things. A new ground combat design might go in the Combat Feedback forum - as any good design would point out the strengths and weaknesses currently in game.

For entirely original ideas, it'd be nice (in theory) to have a new forum but the traffic would dwindle and they'd enjoy significantly less popular support (possibly reducing the chances of making it in game).

However, I'm just a dude in my office chair watching a Netflix film and eating spaghetti while doing Math homework.