Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I love PVP and want to play it. Not sit around for 2 hours waiting for a pop. Then get a pop and hit engage then get kicked out requeued and rinse and repeat. Put me in a match 1 v 5 and fill the team with players that queue up later or wild idea if you q your going in. Once there are enough players then start the game. Until a message is sent to me by a fleetmate that we can actually play consistantly I'm done trying.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally
If we balanced queues and didn't require players to accept their offers (auto-accept), then we'd run into the problem of AFKs in games.
AFKers is a much better problem than what we are going through right now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Time to raid Ker'rat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Queuing for PvP should be seen as a duty and a sacred responsibility.

Those captains that decline after Q'ing should be fined experience points, on a progressive scale, the first two infractions are mild, but after that you lose a "bubble" of XP, then 2, then 4, then 8, then 16, and so on until you start to wonder what is wrong and clue in.

Yours in Punitive Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
qeues are sending in half of teams and breaking teams again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Ditto all the above. As of perhaps 2:00PM PDT today the PvP q system is dysfuntional.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Am I on candid Camera
08-02-2010, 12:46 AM
ya the hundereds of matchs I did Before season 2 were so much better then the 2 matches I've done since season 2 got here. This Has to be a joke. How hard is it really? When you Q it fills the game and auto joins you when its ready NO ****ing engage option if you Q you go when its ready if you drop it you cant req for 30 mins. simple effective done. that idea was my dogs so I dont know whos feeding you guys the ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Queuing for PvP should be seen as a duty and a sacred responsibility.

Those captains that decline after Q'ing should be fined experience points, on a progressive scale, the first two infractions are mild, but after that you lose a "bubble" of XP, then 2, then 4, then 8, then 16, and so on until you start to wonder what is wrong and clue in.

Yours in Punitive Plasma,
Star*Dagger
I second this... there needs to be some sort of consequence for people that decide it is more important to continue picking their flowers then accepting the PvP match THEY agreed to enter.

I won't be going anywhere... I will be waiting in Ker'rat cannon barrels hot, for a match.

PLEASE fix the que system. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-02-2010, 01:39 AM
The idea of sending people into PvP the instant a game becomes available just because they queue is short-sighted. I've been in the queues myself and had the message about failing to join due to not enough people accepting so I know it's frustrating but filling a match with people who are AFK or dragging them in when they were part way through a mission while waiting for the queue is not the answer. It solves your problem but then you'd have threads about how forcing anyone to join the instant a game comes up and potentially even less PvP than you have now.

I don't have a magic answer but letting your frustration demand punishment on players who aren't able to accept the PvP game every time is not the answer. Cryptic are aware of the issues and are working on a better solution, hang in there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-02-2010, 08:19 AM
If you yourself voluntarily enter a queue by clicking that little button then you've already given your consent to start at the next possible time. Your ADD is not my problem and if you end up a cloud of space dust that's entirely on you. Besides, if you are AFK it'll only happen once and then you are gone in 5 minutes, right?

If you are going AFK then leave the queue before you do.