Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-02-2010, 09:04 AM
If they where to introduce non accept penalties (I Know it will never happen) There is no reason you couldn't give people one freebie a day... stuff happens. However if you are doing it more then once a day. Then hay you are ruining other peoples game play. At that point I have no problems with people lossing Credits / XP or both.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
If you yourself voluntarily enter a queue by clicking that little button then you've already given your consent to start at the next possible time. Your ADD is not my problem and if you end up a cloud of space dust that's entirely on you. Besides, if you are AFK it'll only happen once and then you are gone in 5 minutes, right?

If you are going AFK then leave the queue before you do.
I like that you completely ignore the points I brought up just to throw out petty insults, it really gives strength to your argument... I voluntarily click to QUEUE for a game, just as I voluntarily accept, snooze, or leave when the time comes. It's the same as you voluntarily making a fool of yourself when confronted with reason. Here's an example of a situation for you...

You queue for PvP and really want to play but after 10 minutes nothing has happened and you decide to go and get a drink. You go for the drink, come back and see that you missed the queue.

Does that mean you have A.D.D. as you so delicately put it? Do you follow your own rules of leaving every time you might not be there even if it's just a second or two? I seriously doubt it but even if you do that's YOUR choice, just as it's other people's choice to 'dare' to move from the computer briefly while waiting.

Last but by no means least I'd also like to point out that using A.D.D. in such a way is pathetic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-02-2010, 09:32 AM
still completely borked. just got the "no possible maps".

In the eternal words of Oscar Rogers.... "FIX IT!"
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-02-2010, 10:22 AM
My apologies, I meant "you" in the general, not you specifically. I probably could have substituted "one" or "a person".

I read your points, I just don't agree. Whether or not I get a single match over the course of an hour should not depend on someone (not you specifically, although potentially you and anyone else reading this) getting distracted on the other end. As I've said, I'm all for once a person has queued up, and the minimum has been met to start the match, that match needs to start. No additional "Are you sure?" messages and "Engage" buttons need to be used. If a person who is in that queue wants to duck out before the requirements are met then I see no issue with that either.

If I'm queued up and go to take a ****, when I return to find myself being shot at that's my fault.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-04-2010, 07:02 AM
An update on the Que system. While the standard queue system still doesn't function properly on live the private system works perfectly and can be configured with whatever match you want. 7th Core spent last night getting the daily pvp matchs done by just doing 2v2 matchs. Not exactly a fix but at least you can do the dailies with just 1 friend.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECarter262001 View Post
An update on the Que system. While the standard queue system still doesn't function properly on live the private system works perfectly and can be configured with whatever match you want. 7th Core spent last night getting the daily pvp matchs done by just doing 2v2 matchs. Not exactly a fix but at least you can do the dailies with just 1 friend.
hehe cool, thx for the info
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesW
still completely borked. just got the "no possible maps".

In the eternal words of Oscar Rogers.... "FIX IT!"
I second this, and do as fry says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q4G0L_m-f4