Lt. Commander
Has anyone else noticed a lower drop rate when successfully completing the scanning minigame? Since today's down time, I commonly only get one sample with a success.

And I haven't been to my bank, but do the bound unique particles actually stack now?
Lt. Commander
# 2 Anomoly Drops
08-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I've noticed the same thing. In fact im a bit of a spredsheet freak and have been tracking my anomoly drops from the past few days. In the past 2 days I have visited all of the 11 explore sectors that are available to the Federation. From Delta Volanis Cluster to B'Tran Cluster (Vice Admiral)

When flying around the sector you either come upon an Anomoly or an Unknown System to explore.
- When you explore the Unknown System you get a space mission or ground mission both can have anomolies in them. These mission anomolies are only providing Tier 1 crafting components (Alien Artifacts, Mineral Samples, and Radiation Samples).
- When you scan an anomoly from sector space you can get better than Tier 1 items. This of course depends on the sector your in. However, only one type of component is droping from each tier, beyond tier 1.
Tier 2: Unknown Alloy (Antimatter Sample & Biological Sample not found)
Tier 3: Encoded Data (Plasma Sample & Tetryon Particle not found)
Tier 4: Genetic Sequencer (DNA Sequence & Methogenic Particle not found)
Tier 5: Photonic Technology (Exobiological Data & Tachyon Wave Signature not found)
Tier 6: Technical Schematic (Chronometric Wave Signature & Unidentified Substance not found)

The new blue quality rare particle traces do appear to be droping most everywhere.
The only location I didn't find any was the Afehir Nebula. I scanned 11 Anomolies in the sector and 14 more in missions and did not find any particle traces. Every other sector I acquired at least one particle trace with a similar number of scans. Though I will admit that sample sizes of 25 - 30 are pretty small. I think we can conclude that something is wrong with the drop rates.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2010, 03:36 AM
This is driving me up the wall to be honest!

I've enjoyed crafting/upgrading since its revamp, but the lack of plasma samples (and the insane prices people are asking for on the exchange.. almost 2mil for 50?!) is making it almost impossible for anyone to move on with this..

Really hope today's downtime is addressing this, and does something to increase the rates for the items that have been broken, or they'll continue to be treated like gold-dust and that'll just slow crafting down for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Omg
08-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Yes finally, I thought I was going insane. There is a serious lack in some of the particles at the moment. Metryon, Plasma, Tetryon etc. I posted in another thread about stacking Particle Traces, but reading this reminded me of the missing data samples. There seems to be only 1 of each tier at the moment (got bout 99 of each of the ones you listed Lonack) and not a single one at all [except god awful tier 1 crap] in nearly all unknown system maps, Ground and Space.

Hopefully the dev's will catch on to this soon
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidhe View Post
Has anyone else noticed a lower drop rate when successfully completing the scanning minigame? Since today's down time, I commonly only get one sample with a success.

And I haven't been to my bank, but do the bound unique particles actually stack now?
The Volumes of Anomalies have not dropped. When you complete the Frequency Match, some times you do only get 1 item, but the vast majority of drops have a marked increase in number of units yielded with a correct frequency match.

The problem with the types of items being gathered have changed, drastically with season 2 IMO, with the introduction of the new Ranking Structures that have been put in. I am not a programmer, but, it looks to me like the cross references for the LOOK UP TABLES have been affected by the new text needed for the rank set up tables.

We have not seen any comments from DEVs to confirm or deny any questions that have been raised by players regarding this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Anom mini game
08-02-2010, 06:42 AM
Hi, I have been to every sand box this week with my rear ad toon here is what I found out.

The mini game is working great however its not giving plasma cards or encoded data cards during missions. If you scan in a sandbox then you get one or two cards

Ground mini is not working you play the game and get 1 cards

Rares anom's are well uncommon really I have about 8 after one week and they need to be stacked right now they take up to much space 8 slots

It is speediing up development so I think its working great it just needs to be tweeked a little in the next week or two after they get the weekly episodes going

Thanks were so Demanding!
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-18-2010, 01:17 AM
This is something I would really appreciate some developer feedback on. I love STO despite bugs such as these but this is something seemingly so simple that its hard to believe this hasn't been fixed. I'm really suspect as to know how short-staffed cryptic is when it comes to this MMO. It also scares me to see so many top employees from STO "Pursuing other opportunities."

Honestly, in my experience these types of issues in the production of a company directly reflects poor leadership in upper management.

Nevertheless, I enjoy this game immensely but just hope someone up there figures out that something is just not working. Perhaps it is the bureaucracy from having to deal with the company who owns the rights to the franchise that makes development harder than it has to be... who knows?

Anyways, taking upon a Star Trek MMO is a bold move that is going to take some serious attention.

So upper management, get it together. There is an army of Star Trek geeks that are going to hold you accountable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-10-2010, 11:52 AM
There are NO Antimatter samples. I am stuck on progression right now in crafting because I cannot find any Antimatter samples. This is ridiculous. Apparently from these posts it has been going on for more than a month now.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Has someone made a drop table yet for the different areas? In the past week I have spent considerable time collecting items and my personal bank is almost full now and the variance of drop levels is astonishing! I should take a screen shot to shot to show people but the reds are by far the most dominate ones.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-13-2010, 11:38 AM
I too can vouch for this: it seems that a single type per tier is favored to drop above the other two in the same tier. I currently am stuck needing plasma samples and have had 2 appear in the last two weeks.