Lt. Commander
# 1 Vet should be so arrogant?
04-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Why most of time vet are so arrogant and insulting?
Yesterday. A vet said how we should do KASE space in elite. I already know how to do it but I thought it's nice for new. But is it necessary to be arrogant and insulting? Saying noobs again and again is useless. Because someone felt insulting. And what he did. He shoot 2 gen by tranformer. In result 3 cubes appears. And we total failed. IF the such vet shut up a little it will not happen that. Vet should teach to new or noobs and not insult them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Becasue said vets have a tendency to expect everyone to have run at least 200 STF's by now... Do as I do... Ignore them... (my list is rather long by now).
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2012, 11:22 PM
What is a vet these days? There are a few 3 month Vets around these days. It's funny watching some of these arrogant and insulting players in Zone chat dishing out advice. I consider myself a noob :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
What is a vet these days? There are a few 3 month Vets around these days. It's funny watching some of these arrogant and insulting players in Zone chat dishing out advice. I consider myself a noob :p
Yesterday I was running point defense for people on ISE, flitting around in my +3.5 injector assembly cruiser dishing out max damage by that unknown concept of staying alive. My main function was draw aggro, shoot down Borg torpedoes, repulse spheres and generally stay so fast that the Borg couldn't reel me in with tractor beams.

The map went smoothly despite the lack of PUG communication (as always), now came the Tactical Cube grand finale.

The rest of the team did their usual thing of sitting stationary before the tactical cube where they pretty much got killed instantly when the dreaded heavy plasma torpedoes arrived.

Until I got the sense of timing the torpedo cooldown and turning on my repulsors when it was 'at risk of torpedo launch'.

The strategy worked, everyone stopped dying and I personally tanked the plasma beams (5k damage per hit on Elite!) and evaded the tractors by flying beyond 5km range just before it could get a hold on my ship. The cube was taken from 100% to 50% in short order as everyone wailed at it.

In gratitude, one of the "veterans" asked on Team chat:

"who shot the torpedoes"

I replied tractor-repulsors are a great makeshift PDS with a short cooldown

Veteran: DONT DO THIS

So I shut down the repulsors, people started exploding again and we failed the Optional because dead teammates don't make good damage outputs
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Yesterday I was running point defense for people on ISE, flitting around in my +3.5 injector assembly cruiser dishing out max damage by that unknown concept of staying alive. My main function was draw aggro, shoot down Borg torpedoes, repulse spheres and generally stay so fast that the Borg couldn't reel me in with tractor beams.

The map went smoothly despite the lack of PUG communication (as always), now came the Tactical Cube grand finale.

The rest of the team did their usual thing of sitting stationary before the tactical cube where they pretty much got killed instantly when the dreaded heavy plasma torpedoes arrived.

Until I got the sense of timing the torpedo cooldown and turning on my repulsors when it was 'at risk of torpedo launch'.

The strategy worked, everyone stopped dying and I personally tanked the plasma beams (5k damage per hit on Elite!) and evaded the tractors by flying beyond 5km range just before it could get a hold on my ship. The cube was taken from 100% to 50% in short order as everyone wailed at it.

In gratitude, one of the "veterans" asked on Team chat:

"who shot the torpedoes"

So I shut down the repulsors, people started exploding again and we failed the Optional because dead teammates don't make good damage outputs

I know it irritates the hell out of me when people push stuff around because you push stuff out of range, or push stuff out of my firing angle, or you screw up AoE by pushing a bunch of Spheres apart. Also, Plasma Torpedos are easy to shoot down just by one person running an AoE setup.

I also want to say that you don't kill the Tac Cube first if the optional is at risk. I'm pretty sure killing the gate stops the timer.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2012, 01:34 AM
The timer stops when the gate blows?

I recall killing the gate used to stop the timer, but now I notice that blitzing the gate to stop the timer somehow doesn't work.

The timer keeps running and I have to kill the tac cube before the timer stops and the Optional is awarded.

Sometimes with just a few seconds to spare. Fun, but probably a glitch. No matter, the PUGs do adapt and weapons loadouts were optimized to pop that cube within the 15 mins given.

I've never seen anyone killing the cube before the gate as there's no reason to hit the tac cube first. That being a lone static target, tractor-repulsors were a good anti-torpedo security to use while AoE attacks were cooling down. Plus, does -some- damage with auxiliary power cranked up.

With a desperate rush to blow the cube to get the optional, every little bit counts!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Just remind them they also played as a noob once, so that reminder that usually takes care of any issues, unless they are totally way off in left field...gotta love tough talking players hiding behind their keyboards...LOL
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2012, 03:45 AM
As I see it there are Vets and there are people that think they are Vets, and the latter bein who in reality are just those that get all puckered if an optional is failed cause no one is doin what they want them to do and themselves who are a detrement to the team esp when they decide to leave mid run or just decide to sit there leaving the rest of the teamwork to the other players. To avoid them just get in a team of friends you run regularly with if you can and just have fun, if you pug yes you will run into those rude players every so often but thats the edge of the blade with pugs.

I consider myself a Vet; but, I am willing to explain and help if asked, I try to be the one that you can rely on and adjust tactics based on whats avaliable in the team.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Quote:
"who shot the torpedoes"

Ummm... if you dont shoot the torpedos, and hang < 1km from the cube, the HY Torpedos do significant damage the the cube...

Whenever the Tac Cube targets me, I always use Evasive to get as close as I can to an area of the cube that has no shields, use all defensive abilities I have, and hang out there for a while... eventually, HY Torp comes, hits me, I survive, cube takes significant damage...

I've seen Tac cubes blow in ~30 seconds by people doing that (in addition to decent DPS from the rest of the team of course)

Same strat works for regular cubes too, and those things are squishier, it only takes 2 of their own HY torps to take those things out

Of course, all that said, the 'veteran' apparently didnt know what he was doing if you guys still lost the optional and he was attempting the above
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
I recall killing the gate used to stop the timer, but now I notice that blitzing the gate to stop the timer somehow doesn't work.

The timer keeps running and I have to kill the tac cube before the timer stops and the Optional is awarded.!
Timer doesn't stop until mission completion. For me, the hardest part about getting the optional is getting everyone to focus fire on those spheres. Those spheres run around like headless chickens, allowing the gate and Tac to pick off players with their Invisitorps of death.