Lt. Commander
# 21
08-15-2010, 01:15 AM
Not to mention the serious hate from the klingon players if you can convert the KDF boffs from the diplomatic rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-15-2010, 02:20 AM
I'm kinda disappointed that its a one time choice. It'd be nice to be able to go back and choose another if I find I've made a mistake in my choice.

Would definately make it a lot more fun and less disappointing... would also be nice if they were better than common level BO's... a blue atleast.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
I'm kinda disappointed that its a one time choice. It'd be nice to be able to go back and choose another if I find I've made a mistake in my choice.

Would definately make it a lot more fun and less disappointing... would also be nice if they were better than common level BO's... a blue atleast.
The only conceivable reason I can think that they didn't make this a C-Store unlock was that they wanted us to have a chance at earning more...
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-15-2010, 02:36 AM
I honestly dont think that the Boff is *THE* reward for the grind, its *A* reward for the grind, a bonus and all. You get a number of things along the way like Transwarp spots (That needs reworked imo so its a drag down menu or something rather than several buttons on my bar), the outfit, something about voting (Havent bothered with this yet) and transwarp tokens, AND the Boff. There is probably more stuff on the way, its just not fleshed out yet. I wouldent worry too much about the color of the bo.

......... I can haz Orion Slave girlz?
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-15-2010, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakinik
Unless you put some serious restrictions on this. Otherwise you just opened the door to circumventing the Lifetime Liberated Borg option. Yes the player would be a female Borg Engineer but still it cheapens the Lifetime subscription accounts.
How does it cheapen the free toy I got together with lifetime access to the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakinik
Pleae you would likely have an outright hatefest on your hands with people looking to lynch you in game. Think I am joking? You know I am right
Cryptic has survived a whole lot of hatefests by people who thought that they would be entitled to absolutely exclusive access to something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
There are two things that annoy me with the Ambassadorial Bridge Officers.

1) They are Whites (2 Basic Skils), not Greens, Blues, or Purples. Even if a new captain soley exped off Diplomacy, they would be Commanders, which means they would get Blue Bridge Officers.
I kept my whites until rear admiral 5 and never had a problem. Then I slowly replaced them with blues and purples who had similar traits and got the same looks. It would be nice if they would be slightly better, but I can live with them. A real Orion still beats an Orion-looking alien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
2) Why is there an exchange program going on with the enemy in a time of war?
I think the background story is up to us. Personally I see them as defectors by default. There are Klingons in Starfleet, so why no other species who joined them? Not everybody has to be happy with the shapeshifter-paranoia. In my case an Orion tactical officer replaced an Orion-looking alien who was background story-wise the adopted daughter of my Klingon who was one of the last exchange officers and wanted to leave the Empire because he was afraid that she would get her skull bashed in while playing with Klingon children. (He still doesn't regret it, even though the Orions have now joined the KDF.)
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We are discussing this particularly in relation to the Season 3 feature where we will allow players to convert their First Officers to Captains.
This sounds like a good idea in my opinion, but i suggest to provide one additional character slot in case, if this is going to be implemented, since many players will not have idle character slots.

An odditional option for bridge officers promoted to captains could be to become NPC captains, which could be summoned for assistance instead of default ships as it is currently. It would be interesting if you would be able to track and to influence their further career as well.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-15-2010, 03:57 AM
should not allow kdf races to be part of this feature they are diplomats not traitors...
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-15-2010, 05:19 AM
I would like to point out that the shoes of the diplomacy uniform are locked to the pants. Hopefully, we can get them unlocked for all costume options at some point!
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woril View Post
This sounds like a good idea in my opinion, but i suggest to provide one additional character slot in case, if this is going to be implemented, since many players will not have idle character slots.
It's probably intentional. If you want the officer conversion, but don't have any slots, then you're forced to buy extra slots from the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-15-2010, 06:43 AM
i really like the whole ambassador career and everything that came with it...

beside two things:
- missing some options on the new uniform parts
(ambassador and kling-faction which are kinda new to me)
- any motivation to go on after becoming an ambassador

ive took some time and thought about it and updated the ideas linked in my signature finally,
hope a few want to take a look at them,
i always appreciate support or constructive critics on them