Lt. Commander
# 31
08-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Not to mention the serious hate from the klingon players if you can convert the KDF boffs from the diplomatic rewards.
Yes, because the handful of shinies their faction gets uniquely does so much to make up for the absolute half-ass - nay, quarter-ass - effort actually put into the Klingon faction's gameplay. At least opening up some cross-factional assets might make actually bothering to keep working on the Klingons make sense to the bean counters.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
My goal is that you'll get the chance to become the first Starfleet Gorn officer - and I'd like to see him able to wear a Starfleet uniform - however others on the design team say there is precedence for Starfleet officers that do not wear standard uniforms (T'pol, Troi, 7 of 9, etc)... so we're still working out which species make sense to spend the time converting all their uniforms.
When Riker served aboard the IKS Pagh, as part of the officer exchange program, he wore his Starfleet uniform. When Kurn (Worf's brother) served aboard the Enterprise, he wore his Klingon uniform.

J'Dan (a Klingon scientist who served aboard the Enterprise and turned out to be a spy for the Romulans) wore civilian clothing but note that he does wear a Starfleet combadge.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
My Gorn Bridge Officer on the other hand...? Man. It's cool. It makes the grind worth it and I catch myself flipping the camera around to look at him and make sure he's really there (and hasn't bugged out and aggroed on my crew). I look forward to the day I can make him into a playable alt, captaining my own starship.

Oh... And here's my happy family after our newest addition.
I also picked a Gorn for my exchange officer and I finally managed to upload some photos!
Ensign Treth
He looks tough

He wears his own special version uniform, but in the same colour scheme as the rest of my crew and looks like he fits in.