Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok, prior to season 2, iv'e not had any video lag and i run the game with max settings.

Somehow, with one of the last patches put in between season2 and now, something is causing periodic slowdowns in video frame rate that render the game nigh unplayable. THese last from 20seconds to 1 minute, and they occur quite frequently even at the lowest possible setting.

Please address this issue asap, as i cannot play under these circumstances, unless it is diplomacy missions only
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2010, 10:16 AM
I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I've just confirmed it with an allied fleet member.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I am having the same slowdown, but it does not go away after a while. Sometimes it loads and plays fine, sometimes the framerate is unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
For starters; it would be smarter to just edit your post if you have additional stuff to say

Otherwise, I've had this issue off and on, usually occurs only on ground missions that have perfect effects but have on occasion occured in space as well. For example, there was a ground mission where I had to scan objects, but with the way the developers created the GRASS on that mission, the FPS were being hit hard (everywhere else I have a stable 40-50 FPS, but on this planet I was getting 9-13 FPS, becoming somewhat unplayable in cases)
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2010, 05:44 PM
It isnt just certain planets having a lot on screen that creates this stuttering problem, it has something to do with a recent patch because it is has only started occurring recently. I have V-sync enabled and everything maxed out and get a constant 60fps, but everytime I play now, the game will all of a sudden crawl down to 5-20fps. This persists and will not go away even if I move directly facing a wall so nothing is being rendered on screen except that one texture. The fix (though it isn't much of one) is to Alt+Tab out of the game, then just immediately Alt+Tab back in. It will restore the fps back up to 60+ for another couple minutes until it happens again. I don't know if its some kind of memory leak or what, but popping out of the game and then popping back in will fix it immediately.

It is extremely annoying to have to do this every 3-4 minutes tho...

It tends to be triggered most often by a firefight on the ground, but I also have had it happen just while in sector space too, after some notices popped up telling me of a mission to accept/reject.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-07-2010, 10:54 PM
I've been playing on Half resolution and trying all sort of settings to get rid of it, and it will not go away.
Devs, wtv you did, please fix it asap...
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmaker69 View Post
I've been playing on Half resolution and trying all sort of settings to get rid of it, and it will not go away.
Devs, wtv you did, please fix it asap...
Does Alt+Tabbing work for you, or am I the only one that seems to be having that problem? Also, do you have an ATI card? I can't seem to figure out the solution to the recent framerate problem I am having and I'm wondering if we have the same issue
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a Nvidia Card and alt-tabbing seems to do nothing. I can play Starcraft 2 on high no problem, and used to have my settings on high for Star Trek wiht no performance degradation. Now it's a nightmare because it will run smooth for 3 minutes then become totally unplayable.

nothing on my system has changed, so this isnt on my end.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I have an ATI card and I don't have this problem. But I'm sorry to hear you are having it with your nVidia card.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Patching 1.x to 2.0 turned off the "Framerate Stabilizer" and "Auto-Framerate Stabilizer" options under the "Trouble Shooting" section of the Video Options. Try turning them back on.