Lt. Commander
# 1 damage / heal meters
08-02-2010, 10:28 AM
coming from another mmo " we will call in unmentionable #1" they had a program you could use with the game that charted things such as damage meters, dps, and healing meters. currently we see this in pvp matches for damage and healing which is the only way i have of comparing the damage i can do with my current spec.

would it be possible to have a way to have damage and heal meters during all gameplay so that i can tweak my spec here and there to see just how truly awful i am or just how good i can be.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtftintin View Post
coming from another mmo " we will call in unmentionable #1" they had a program you could use with the game that charted things such as damage meters, dps, and healing meters. currently we see this in pvp matches for damage and healing which is the only way i have of comparing the damage i can do with my current spec.

would it be possible to have a way to have damage and heal meters during all gameplay so that i can tweak my spec here and there to see just how truly awful i am or just how good i can be.
This goes along with what I was wondering in my post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=172675

Funny we are looking for the same thing, only in a different way. What my issue is with STO, is that you can't SEE the numerical values very well in order to do those types of scenario builds you are asking for, so it's very difficult to add these totals together. For example: a consol that reads +16 'whatever perk'. Well, that +16 means squat to me, because I don't know the base number of what it's adding to, neither do I know if that is a percentage increase, or a numerical increase to that value.

I believe that Criptic has made it this way simply to make these 'best build' numbers VERY difficult to achieve, and also because the numerical values on consols, turn rates, firing rates, base shields and other seem to be changing consistantly (with the exception of the weapons themselves).

... I could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2010, 11:13 AM
yeah seriously. personally i just would like the damage chart from the pvp maps able to be seen during all parts of gameplay that would make it easier for me to say oooh now thats a good combo!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-02-2010, 02:37 PM
such little desire out there for damage charts or heal charts during gameplay besides pvp ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-02-2010, 03:03 PM
No, I believe there is a desire for this.

However, it's just going to be a near-impossible task to calculate without the base numbers... as I said in previous post

.. unless someone knows these numbers? Either way, I also believe that there'd be more of a demand for it if people knew the stats wouldn't change all the time. When things get more settled, and they balance things out, then I believe we'll see more desire for this. Until then, we'll never really know what the numbers are in order to accomodate such a project as this.