Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Chuck
Again, this is just dumb.

As pointed out up thread the Diplomat is the one who should get Diplomatic Immunity!

It is nice I can give it to others, but first and foremost should be the Diplomat who get it for god's sake.
Here, Here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Has anyone figured out a point to this power yet?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-19-2010, 09:12 AM
i think if you're going round as a team between missions or waiting at an STF for a last member to a group it'll be very useful. other than that it does seem a little pointless
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-19-2010, 12:07 PM
I have to admit that I'm not sure when I would ever get any use out the ability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Has anyone figured out a point to this power yet?
You can use it in PvP to scare the daylights out of your opponents, especially if they are cloaked. It instantly puts you and them into red alert.

Why you can use that power on enemies in PvP, I don't know. But it is funny when you catch MES player off guard with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-19-2010, 12:17 PM
I have no idea what it does. I just fly around snapping it off when I can. I have yet to have anyone thank me of course. Or see anyone in chat asking for it.

For me ranking in Diplomacy was more about the transwarp to different bases. Seems to make getting around a bit easier.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
I have no idea what it does. I just fly around snapping it off when I can. I have yet to have anyone thank me of course. Or see anyone in chat asking for it.

For me ranking in Diplomacy was more about the transwarp to different bases. Seems to make getting around a bit easier.
Part of that might be because there is no entry in the log of who granted it to you. So if there were several other starships within the immediate area, they might not have known who granted it to them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
I have no idea what it does. [...]
For 5 minutes, it makes the immunized player unable to be "caught" by Deep Space Encounters (unless they intend to head into the DSE) and grants an impressive speed buff in sector space.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
For 5 minutes, it makes the immunized player unable to be "caught" by Deep Space Encounters (unless they intend to head into the DSE) and grants an impressive speed buff in sector space.
That doesn´t work. I got Diplomatic Immunity from another player and was attacked by a DSE 5 seconds later. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
08-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
That doesn´t work. I got Diplomatic Immunity from another player and was attacked by a DSE 5 seconds later. :p
Are you sure you weren't headed for it, or at least very close to it? From everything I've read here on the forums, the DSEs are essentially supposed to "ignore" you and not follow you unless you go near one.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 AM.