Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
Yeah, the third one's a toughy. I had to try it 3 times on my ground-specced Tac, and I'm pretty sure the third time was just dumb luck. For specific advice: 1) Bring large hypos. 2) Use bat'leth cross (attack 3) to gain breathing room when you need to pop a hypo. If you already used it, try the 2-2-1 combo and roll back - that combo can root him for a second. 3) Move, move, move! He seems to use melee combos effectively, so if you haven't exposed him, back off after his second swipe.

BTW, if you haven't seen it, NahK posted a good Melee Combat Guide way back when.

Edit: Oops, forgot your other questions...

You'll get the first-place bat'leth trophy for beating this guy. The 3rd place trophy is just a bowling ball; 2nd place is a bowling ball with 2 blades poking out of it; 3rd place has 3 blades, and looks much nicer than the other two (IMHO).

As for exploits, the chance is only 10% per swipe (I think). Also, melee attacks in general aren't as powerful as ranged attacks, so exploit damage isn't the one-shot kill that you get with, say, a rifle. However, if you do get in an exploit attack, your opponent gets knocked back hard. Watch for that - ideal time for another combo attack, or to pop a hypo.

Also, a word of warning about exploits. If you expose on the first attack of a combo, you'll get a flashing button - but the second attack doesn't actually exploit. You only do exploit damage on the third attack, and only if the entire combo is an exploit combo (per the guide above).

Confused yet? :p
1st place is the one with 3 blades
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Found this picture of the first-place trophy. Second place lacks that blade at the bottom in the picture; third place is just the central... brown... thing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Don't forget to switch to physical armor before fighting...
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-06-2010, 06:15 AM
I don't get any trophies, from any match in the tournament so i can't complete the mission. Am i doing something wrong or is it some sort of bug?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
I don't get any trophies, from any match in the tournament so i can't complete the mission. Am i doing something wrong or is it some sort of bug?
The "trophies" are really accolades - you can only see them by beaming up to your ship, going to your messhall, and setting up a trophy in the "Floor" spot. If you've done all that, then, yeah, it's a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
The "trophies" are really accolades - you can only see them by beaming up to your ship, going to your messhall, and setting up a trophy in the "Floor" spot. If you've done all that, then, yeah, it's a bug.
Yep, I got up to my ship's messhall to find that the accolades list for the trophy setup is empty. I've already submitted a bug ticket. Think i'll keep levelling up my Fed until a fix is made.

It's a great first mission though
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Yep, I got up to my ship's messhall to find that the accolades list for the trophy setup is empty. I've already submitted a bug ticket. Think i'll keep levelling up my Fed until a fix is made.

It's a great first mission though
You have multiple options, select the first option that says FLOOR, not shelf 1, or shelf 2

FLOOR

So many people i have seen say it's bugged, but a vast majority of those people aren't in front of the floor pedestal, and they don't select floor.

Everybody i have walked through doing it, get it working after they previously try for 30 min and being told it's bugged.

I have done this myself with multiple ships, ALL 3 batleth trophies, and the BARGE of the dead accolade, works every time the first time
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Yep, got it. Thanks for the help. I had a bit of a senior moment, didn't notice the floor option
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I had no problem with it as a Tactical guy and no points into ground skills.

He is pretty easy if you know how to melee with the right combos- just watch the light below as you hit someone.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-07-2010, 02:27 PM
How do you get to the Ketha Lowlands to talk to Sirella to complete this quest? I don't see a courtyard anywhere in the Great Hall of Qo'nos.