Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
08-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Holding out for hope ...
There is some hope, quite a few nights I've tried way before their estimated finish time and they were back up, and once it even let me keep playing during maintenance as long as I didn't log out, so it's not all doom and gloom I guess... I just hope.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
08-03-2010, 01:16 AM
TheStahl, someone from Cryptic, please, talk to us... just a brief info on what's wrong... I would certainly appreciate it...

I'm not trying to flame you btw... quite the oposite, glad you are squashing bugs... I'm just curious about what's goin on under the hood what's troubling our server powering hamster squad...

Keep up the good work guys!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
08-03-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm getting really sick and annoyed at all the maintenance you guys are doing. It is happening far too often!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
08-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
did you try my suggestion an hit it with a wrench? seriously if there is that many problems with the engine maybe it time to think about different servers and engine? what is the purpose of tribble? i thought it was to find and squash bugs before going live to halo. am i wrong? im not trying to be mean or obnoxious but i never heard of a game trying to fix bugs every day and still have problems. dstahl is blaming the time frames and dead lines, i disagree, sure you might have to rush and it might have a point, but i think its more of the equipment the devs have to work with. i mean everyone knows that sto was not ready for launch and was unfinished for variious reasons and you have put out awesome content since. thats not the problem, the devs arent the problem, they know what they are doing its obvious. so it has to be the equipment. good luck devs on the fix tomorrow anxious to see if pvp and b tran gets fixed.
well in acutal fact their is eve online has a daily down time because of bugs and such i do not sujest going on it as their are many bug a lot of the time

but i do agree that this is getting to a stage when bugs are common thing on star trek online
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
08-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
... Khaaaaaaaan!

10am-1pm is 8pm-11pm in Australia (EST) - Prime Time playing time.
I can appreciate updates and patches, but 5 nights in a row?... shakes first in air.

Holding out for hope ...
I have to agree, 5 days in a row with Downtime is really getting a bit excessive, especially since this is just maintenance and not a patch - couldnt it wait another day
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
08-03-2010, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynandir
I have to agree, 5 days in a row with Downtime is really getting a bit excessive, especially since this is just maintenance and not a patch - couldnt it wait another day
Probably not, considering what they've been patching away every time they have put a patch up has included memory leaks, probably memory leaks on the server. They tried to put off a downtime for 48 hours over the weekend, only to have it crash completely (with about a 10 minute roll back) Sunday afternoon. So yeah, no, I'm willing to take their word for it that it needs to come down.

(I had, however, completely managed to forget that they were doing so and logged in right before the 1 minute warning. I guess I'll have to stay awake until the polls open some other way.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
08-03-2010, 03:08 AM
"We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in order to perform maintenance"

What does this mean? Give us more details, because you have "performed maintenance" for the last week and nothing has been fixed!

You're supposed to be the experts, surely these problems should have been fixed on Tribble (that's what a PTR is for by the way)

I understand that a few bugs get through but bringing the server down every day is very ammiture, if this was a free game then fair enough but people actually pay you for this.

If you insist on bringing the server down every day at least rotate the down time so you don't screw over the same people every day, let someone else have their peak time taken away and do the maintenance in the middle of the night for us english people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
08-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delynandir
I have to agree, 5 days in a row with Downtime is really getting a bit excessive, especially since this is just maintenance and not a patch - couldnt it wait another day
Then they wait another day, the system completely melts down. Everythings screwed.

"OH WHY DID YOU GUYS WAIT TO FIX THIS?"

Besides, assuming your on or near the same timezone, this all happens in the middle of the night. Maybe you should be rethinking your schedual....

Rather have a game I know I can play tomorrow with fewer bugs, then a game I CANT play today because its broken. (well I can play, and its not broken.... but you get my point)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
08-03-2010, 03:08 AM
"We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in order to perform maintenance"

What does this mean? Give us more details, because you have "performed maintenance" for the last week and nothing has been fixed!

You're supposed to be the experts, surely these problems should have been fixed on Tribble (that's what a PTR is for by the way)

I understand that a few bugs get through but bringing the server down every day is very ammiture, if this was a free game then fair enough but people actually pay you for this.

If you insist on bringing the server down every day at least rotate the down time so you don't screw over the same people every day, let someone else have their peak time taken away and do the maintenance in the middle of the night for us english people.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
08-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Free playtime,2 days? Or free160 cp? Or free respec? Or 500k free energy Credits? In *** and Warhammer gives free playtime when the servers are often down.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM.