Lt. Commander
# 201
10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
great as usual but now i'm embarassed that i missed something that i didn't put in my last post . The T5 Advanced Research Science Vessel (Retrofit) should have that yellow C-Store backdrop as well, since it's in the C-Store as well (sorry that I missed that).
Actually, I left it blue on purpose. If you'll notice, all the yellow 'C-store' items are items only exclusively obtainable through the C-Store. For instance, the Long Range Science Vessel Retro is available with a FREE ship token OR 1200 Cryptic Points OR with 500 Emblems, so I put normal backgrounds on them. The Dreadnought Cruiser is only available through the C-store, so it's yellow. As are the extra classes per rank (or ship 'skins'), like the NOMAD. The Adv Hvy Cruiser Retrofit are only purchasable via Cryptic Points. But the Adv RESEARCH Sci Vessel Retrofit isn't exclusive to the C-store: you can buy it for 200 Marks of Exploration; or you can unlock it with Cryptic Points.

All this being said, I had to review the chart closely when making this post... and I DO see how it can be a little confusing. I may simply make the Yellow background icon in the legend say "C-Store Exclusive". I could even put another color saying "Unlockable via C-Store or through gameplay" (but that sounds a little cheesy.) What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
I propose that this work be used on the STO website. It is horendous how their is no real up to date website and non existant web team. Rather cryptic takes months sometimes to update the website.
If Cryptic wanted to put it on their site, I'd totally be down with it. Too bad I couldn't get paid to do this, since I'm doing it for free now anyway :p OR wouldn't it be cool to get a title "Ship Chartographer" or something hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekaoh
Man... Can I get this printed as a poster?
I've actually had a few people ask this. The problem becomes when doing any type of reference chart or whatnot to a 'live' game like an MMO, the data can change, then you'd be stuck with an inaccurate poster. Imagine if you printed out one of the first ones I did, back in v2.0 or something? You wouldn't have the VA T6 Retrofits, the extra column of T3 ships, or the new T5 Retros. Besides... posters are soooo 90's. Make a viswall!

EDIT: I just noticed this was the 200th post here (20 of which are probably from me - lol ). Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I appreciate everyone's help on making these as accurate as possible. I'm proud to have been welcomed into the community and I'm really glad everyone finds these useful. If you've followed this thread, you see I'm definitely appreciative for all the support. Thx fellow Trekkers.
Lt. Commander
# 202
10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermitch View Post
I've actually had a few people ask this. The problem becomes when doing any type of reference chart or whatnot to a 'live' game like an MMO, the data can change, then you'd be stuck with an inaccurate poster. Imagine if you printed out one of the first ones I did, back in v2.0 or something? You wouldn't have the VA T6 Retrofits, the extra column of T3 ships, or the new T5 Retros.
It'd be outdated sure, but it would still be a badass poster! lol
Lt. Commander
# 203
10-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
It'd be outdated sure, but it would still be a badass poster! lol
Haha. If you do wind up getting one, make me a copy!
Lt. Commander
# 204
10-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Tru Dat. I would totally love a nice framed wall poster of this. All bright and glossy, hanging above my computer desk.
Lt. Commander
# 205
10-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermitch View Post
Actually, I left it blue on purpose. If you'll notice, all the yellow 'C-store' items are items only exclusively obtainable through the C-Store. For instance, the Long Range Science Vessel Retro is available with a FREE ship token OR 1200 Cryptic Points OR with 500 Emblems, so I put normal backgrounds on them. The Dreadnought Cruiser is only available through the C-store, so it's yellow. As are the extra classes per rank (or ship 'skins'), like the NOMAD. The Adv Hvy Cruiser Retrofit are only purchasable via Cryptic Points. But the Adv RESEARCH Sci Vessel Retrofit isn't exclusive to the C-store: you can buy it for 200 Marks of Exploration; or you can unlock it with Cryptic Points.

All this being said, I had to review the chart closely when making this post... and I DO see how it can be a little confusing. I may simply make the Yellow background icon in the legend say "C-Store Exclusive". I could even put another color saying "Unlockable via C-Store or through gameplay" (but that sounds a little cheesy.) What do you guys think?
Just to note the Dreadnought Cruiser is not a C-store only unlock. Originally the only way for you to get it was to refer either 4 or 5 friends through the referral program and thats where all the nonsense came from that got it put onto the C-store.

I think the lease confusing way to do it is color everything obtainable by the C-store in yellow, then color the alternative requirements for getting the item in game something that jumps out at you.
Lt. Commander
# 206 good news
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
hey spidermitch, i recently ran into a good load of data for your charts, starting off below:
maybe you could put the icon for dual cannons below the dreadnought cruiser? along with the other weapons it can equip?

i noticed that on the Fed weapons firing arc section, on the upper ship graphic, the torpedo launcher lines up with the plain cannon's 180 firing arc, when it should be 90 firing arc. when you next get to it, maybe you can place the torpedo launcher across from dual beam banks, and under the dual heavy cannons?

recent events have changed a few things. for one, the total hull strength has been increased for the Deep Space Science Vessel and the Negh'Var Battle Cruiser (+3,000 for both). for the other, the Vor'Cha class now has a costume variant for it (available in the c-store)

i also found some of those hanger stats you wanted see below:

the Vo'Quv Carrier has 2 hanger bays (port and starboard), and can support the following in each bay (but only one choice per hanger bay):
Klingon Fighters, 3 launched every 30 secs, for a max of 12 per launch bay
Klingon Bird-of-Preys, 1 launched every 45 secs, for a max of 3 per launch bay
Klingon Shield Drones, 2 launched every 45 secs, for a max of 6 per launch bay (self and friendly targetable)
Klingon Syphons, 3 launched every 45 sces, for a max of 9 per launch bay

in addition, i found that the Kar'Fi Carrier has 1 hanger bay (not sure where...), and can support the following in it's bay (same rule for the Vo'Quv Carrier):
Fek'Ihri Fighters, 4 launched every 30 secs, for a max of 12
Fek'Ihri Frigates, 1 launched every 45 secs, for a max of 3

and this general info about the launched ships, if you need it: attack ships require an enemy ship within 15 km, and when the enemy is destroyed, they attack the current targeted ship or land inside if there are no more enemies
support ships require a friend within 15 km, and will follow their target and support it. if the supported ship is destroyed, the supporting ships will return to the carrier

i hope i didn't miss anything, but then again i did give a lot of info for you good luck with the charts!
Lt. Commander
# 207
10-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
I knew where you could get them printed as poster in Germany (and Europe in general). I am sure there are companies that provide such service in North America, too.
Lt. Commander
# 208
10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
needs the new klingon vor'cha variant for the chart.

great work by the way.
Lt. Commander
# 209
11-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
needs the new klingon vor'cha variant for the chart.

great work by the way.

I've tried to find out if the Vor'cha variant (Tor'Kaht) has any different stats than the Vor'cha... After searching the forums, I'm still not sure and since I'm not up there yet, I have no way to verify.

What are the stats of the Tor'Kaht?
Lt. Commander
# 210
11-02-2010, 06:55 AM
The new skin can be used on the T4 Vorcha or on the new T5 Vorcha Refit. The T5 Vorcha is basically a Soverign in terms of BO slots and weapons, but I'd have to check in-game for the exact stats.