Lt. Commander
# 471
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Thx for the words of encouragement, Trek17. As for the 4th angle, right now I'm really trying to get all the ships uniform with the three angles previously mentioned. As of today, I've uploaded v7.9.7. This version has the replacement angles for the first half of ships Lt - Cmd (with exception of Connie and Thunderchild).

As I mentioned before, I'm also using the opportunity to revamp each section with indicators and lcars updates. This is a painstaking process, but I'm trying my best to go through the tiers and rework everything... So much so, that I haven't been in STO in a few weeks, and looking at the upcoming holidays, I'm really not sure how much time I'll have to devote to it... I'm even considering pausing on the FED chart when I hit the RA - VA tiers to focus on adding in stuff on the KDF side.

The ultimate goal was to have solid charts for newcomers when the game goes live with F2p, but Cryptic's announcement of a Jan date kinda put a deadline I may not be able to meet, what with Thanksgiving & Christmas just around the corner.
understood

still, at the speed you're going with the new indicators and angles, it looks like you'll get them all updated before that deadline... even with Thanksgiving and Christmas, to me at least As for my opinion, I'd recommand getting the charts consistent first (all new indicators and angles like you've been doing), then filling in the new ships you haven't added yet into the gaps. If you can do both, then all the better

people can easily understand that you're still in the process of adding the new ships, but consistency is more important to them on a first impression (otherwise there's much confusion, especially to newcomers)

still, you're free to do things your own way, but this is just the opinion of a fan
Lt. Commander
# 472
12-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Hey guys! Just a quick note to announce that these ship charts were mentioned on the latest episode of Priority One podcast. I wrote into the show a bit ago to help spread the word to new players that will be coming in. They gave me a shoutout & talked about the charts with phenomenal enthusiasm! If you've never listened to Priority One, head over and give these guys a listen!

Now back to the grindstone:
With Thanksgiving / black friday / cyber monday craziness out of the way, I hope to work on all the STO changes this weekend. Below is a summary of what I need to update / change. If there's anything missing, please let me know! As always, I appreciate everyone's help in making these charts accurate!

FED & KDF: Dilithium price changes to all ships
FED & KDF: Remove mark / emblem costs for all ships
FED & KDF: Correct all consoles to reflect addition of new consoles
FED & KDF: Replace all "Ship Ability" infos with "Console Ability" infos

FED: Move Dreadnought to VA tier / column
FED: Add Sao Paulo class
FED: Add angles to Connie, Thunderchild & ExpCruiser/venture (I plan on stopping here for the moment, while I focus on all the changes with Dilithium & all the KDF chart additions, then may go back to the second half of the chart - the RA & VA columns.)

KDF: Correct Hangar Bay infos & add Orion Slaver / Interceptors / Tachyon Drones / etc....
KDF: Move Marauder Patrol Crusier & Varanus Fleet Support to Brig Gen tier / column
KDF: Add the following new ships:
  • [Commander] Vandal Destroyer
  • [Commander] Phalanx Science Vessel
  • [Commander] Dacoit Flight-deck Cruiser
  • [Commander] Ning'tao Class
  • [Commander] Qorgh Raptor Refit: SuQob Class
  • [Commander] K't'inga Battle Cruiser Refit: Koro't'inga Class
  • [Captain] Draguas Support Vessel
  • [Captain] Pach Raptor Refit: Puyjaq Class
  • [Captain] Scourge Destroyer
  • [Captain] Corsair Flight-deck Cruiser
  • [Captain] Ki'Tang Bird-of-Prey Refit: Ch'Tang Class
Lt. Commander
# 473
12-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Hey guys! Just a quick note to announce that these ship charts were mentioned on the latest episode of Priority One podcast. I wrote into the show a bit ago to help spread the word to new players that will be coming in. They gave me a shoutout & talked about the charts with phenomenal enthusiasm! If you've never listened to Priority One, head over and give these guys a listen!

Now back to the grindstone:
With Thanksgiving / black friday / cyber monday craziness out of the way, I hope to work on all the STO changes this weekend. Below is a summary of what I need to update / change. If there's anything missing, please let me know! As always, I appreciate everyone's help in making these charts accurate!

FED & KDF: Dilithium price changes to all ships
FED & KDF: Remove mark / emblem costs for all ships
FED & KDF: Correct all consoles to reflect addition of new consoles
FED & KDF: Replace all "Ship Ability" infos with "Console Ability" infos

FED: Move Dreadnought to VA tier / column
FED: Add Sao Paulo class
FED: Add angles to Connie, Thunderchild & ExpCruiser/venture (I plan on stopping here for the moment, while I focus on all the changes with Dilithium & all the KDF chart additions, then may go back to the second half of the chart - the RA & VA columns.)

KDF: Correct Hangar Bay infos & add Orion Slaver / Interceptors / Tachyon Drones / etc....
KDF: Move Marauder Patrol Crusier & Varanus Fleet Support to Brig Gen tier / column
KDF: Add the following new ships:
  • [Commander] Vandal Destroyer
  • [Commander] Phalanx Science Vessel
  • [Commander] Dacoit Flight-deck Cruiser
  • [Commander] Ning'tao Class
  • [Commander] Qorgh Raptor Refit: SuQob Class
  • [Commander] K't'inga Battle Cruiser Refit: Koro't'inga Class
  • [Captain] Draguas Support Vessel
  • [Captain] Pach Raptor Refit: Puyjaq Class
  • [Captain] Scourge Destroyer
  • [Captain] Corsair Flight-deck Cruiser
  • [Captain] Ki'Tang Bird-of-Prey Refit: Ch'Tang Class
all looks good to me don't see anything missing

still, if for some reason you don't finish all the changes before F2P hits on January 17, 2012, you might want to put a note for the new players. something like 'charts are still works-in-progress, so if they look incomplete or inconsistent, they are'

just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 474
12-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the new updates. The chart is looking really great. Don't know where we would be without it.

Did you know that the underside of the Hope class is showing the Olympic instead?
Lt. Commander
# 475
12-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
Did you know that the underside of the Hope class is showing the Olympic instead?
yeah... yeah i see it too. and not just the underside, the pylons, the nacelles, even the saucer (and quite possibly the neck, if that class has that option). in fact, it just looks like an exact copy of the Olympic was put in place of the Hope

if you can squeeze that fix in Spidermitch, that would be great
Lt. Commander
# 476
12-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for keeping these up-to-date. It is one of several really great user provided resources that I constantly refer to.
Lt. Commander
# 477
12-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
Thanks for keeping these up-to-date. It is one of several really great user provided resources that I constantly refer to.
/QFT.

Thanks Spidermitch!
Lt. Commander
# 478
12-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
/QTF.

Thanks Spidermitch!
What's QTF? I can think of a few things this could mean, but I'd get in trouble if I posted them here. LOL

By the way, I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a listing for the ship prices in Dilithium?
I know I can go to ESD and get all the prices, but I was wondering if someone already had a breakdown of them? It would be far easier for me to reference as I go through the charts and make the changes!!!!

Lemme know if you guys know of a resource. It'd be very helpful.

Thanks,
~spidermitch
Lt. Commander
# 479
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermitch View Post
What's QTF? ...
QTF? How the hay am I supposed to know what that mumbo-jumbo means!?! Heh.

lol

Sorry about that. What I meant to type was /QFT

/QFT == Quoted For Truth.

Basically I was in agreeance with Crusty that your's is one bad-@$$ Community Resource.

Lt. Commander
# 480
12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Does the Venture skin on the Retrofit Cruiser allow for sauce separation?