Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I am a Rear Admiral Upper Half 6 and need to spend 100 points to level up to Vice Admiral. I have 100 points left to spend but no more open item to spend it on. I only have 200 point items or more left.

What can i do now? Buy points to respect?! I don't think so!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2010, 05:21 AM
Respec is your only hope. If you have spent your free tokens and/or can't afford another respec, you are doomed. I ran into the same issue on Tribble and didn't make the mistake on Live. If we can't spend 100 points with 100 points left to spend they need to let us remove points elsewhere (mini-respec). I decided to spend my last couple hundred points in tactics (ground ability). I think i had 1600 points left when i made Vice Admiral so i was looking for a 400 points each ability and put 4 points in it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sath View Post
Respec is your only hope. If you have spent your free tokens and/or can't afford another respec, you are doomed. I ran into the same issue on Tribble and didn't make the mistake on Live. If we can't spend 100 points with 100 points left to spend they need to let us remove points elsewhere (mini-respec). I decided to spend my last couple hundred points in tactics (ground ability). I think i had 1600 points left when i made Vice Admiral so i was looking for a 400 points each ability and put 4 points in it.
I had a feeling it was going to turn out that way. I am definitely not going to buy points to do this. What are these tokens you are referring to? I am a lifetime subscriber, how do you get free respecs?

Thanks in advance for the help! And i do agree with your position on the mini-spec.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cve01 View Post
What are these tokens you are referring to? I am a lifetime subscriber, how do you get free respecs?
You might get them eventually through the rewards program. Otherwise, you get them by levelling up, so it's kind of a Catch-22 there. You should have gotten one when you hit RA-UH 1. You will also get one if you ever manage to complete the promotion to VA. I think the only way to see whether you have a respec in the bank is to go to the respec NPC.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
You might get them eventually through the rewards program. Otherwise, you get them by levelling up, so it's kind of a Catch-22 there. You should have gotten one when you hit RA-UH 1. You will also get one if you ever manage to complete the promotion to VA. I think the only way to see whether you have a respec in the bank is to go to the respec NPC.
Thanks for the info. I've never used any respec so I should still have one then. Could you point me in the direction of this respec NPC, where can I find him?

Thanks a bunch!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-03-2010, 06:41 AM
He a Saurian at the center of Spacedock.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Leveling up to VA??
08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Hello,

I either have the same issue or very similar to it. My character level posted on the top left of my display says "Rear Admiral, Upper Half 6". Yet during game play everyone sees my character listed as a VA1.
Which one is correct i wish i knew..

The skill points of 72700 have be met/applied and it does say that I "have reached maximum rank and grade". I have gone to Admiral quins office and did both promotions to UH and then to VA. The strange part to that is it happened at the same time. Both promotions to UH and VA were available for me to click on.

Since my display says im at UH 6, I figured had to continue earning skill points to reach VA level. But the catch is since I already have 72700 earned/applied skill points it wont add any "white bars" to level up to UH7.

I can access all VA missions and recieve emblems. So I cant understand did I reach VA level or not?

Here is another interesting thing. During promotion i was qiven ability to get a new ship. When i went to req a ship i did see that i had two tokens/plaques available but when i select for instance the Exploration cruiser retrofit it says that i must be at a VA level to get it. So i have a token/plaque but cant use it?

I did submit a ticket to see if this was a bug. The response i got was that this was normal gameplay and that i needed to access the forums for game play help.

At this point i really dont get if this is normal gameplay and i am just missing something. Or if this is indeed a bug.

If someone can shed some light on this i will really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaTonic
Hello,

I either have the same issue or very similar to it. My character level posted on the top left of my display says "Rear Admiral, Upper Half 6". Yet during game play everyone sees my character listed as a VA1.
Which one is correct i wish i knew..

The skill points of 72700 have be met/applied and it does say that I "have reached maximum rank and grade". I have gone to Admiral quins office and did both promotions to UH and then to VA. The strange part to that is it happened at the same time. Both promotions to UH and VA were available for me to click on.

Since my display says im at UH 6, I figured had to continue earning skill points to reach VA level. But the catch is since I already have 72700 earned/applied skill points it wont add any "white bars" to level up to UH7.

I can access all VA missions and recieve emblems. So I cant understand did I reach VA level or not?

Here is another interesting thing. During promotion i was qiven ability to get a new ship. When i went to req a ship i did see that i had two tokens/plaques available but when i select for instance the Exploration cruiser retrofit it says that i must be at a VA level to get it. So i have a token/plaque but cant use it?

I did submit a ticket to see if this was a bug. The response i got was that this was normal gameplay and that i needed to access the forums for game play help.

At this point i really dont get if this is normal gameplay and i am just missing something. Or if this is indeed a bug.

If someone can shed some light on this i will really appreciate it.

Thanks,
i know this is a silly thing to ask since youre already at whats considered VA level but... did you return to quinn to do your promotion quest?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinJarate
i know this is a silly thing to ask since youre already at whats considered VA level but... did you return to quinn to do your promotion quest?
Promotion quest? Would it have been from Quin himself or the quest listed as a promotion? I did not see anything at the time. I have also gone back to quin and he just says to return to him when i get another promotion.

Hopefully this is something i missed somewhere.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaTonic
Promotion quest? Would it have been from Quin himself or the quest listed as a promotion? I did not see anything at the time. I have also gone back to quin and he just says to return to him when i get another promotion.

Hopefully this is something i missed somewhere.

Thanks.
I went back to quin to double check and he just says nothing is new on the radar. So i probably missed something somewhere.