Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomacy FAQ
08-18-2010, 01:54 PM
I've done a search for this, came back with no results, and thought I'd ask here.

I finally got my rank of Attache, but haven't been contacted by Jiro. I've visited him in spacedock and he doesn't have any missions. Is it random? How does this work? I'm already a Vice Admiral, and wanted to grind this. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Use the communicater icon next to the mini map and scroll to the bottom of the list. Click on his name and you will see the normal option list, at the bottom it will say current available missions click that and it will list available diplomatic missions.

hope this answers you question!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Alright, I did that, Jiro can't currently offer me Diplomatic Investigations, but there's no button to accept. Only a Not Now button. Is this a bug?

To be clear: I went to hail him thru the comm, click available missions, buttons show Diplomatic investigations and back. I click Diplomatic investigations, and there's only a button that says not now. Please assist before I send bug report, thank you in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Attaché rank receives 1 Diplomatic Investigation once every hour; Consul takes this up to 2 missions every half hour. After you "accept" the investigation from Sugihara, you should head immediately to that cluster, because it may be gone by the time you get there if you detour. This guide has a lot of good information, as does this thread.

Also, once you get to Ambassador, you'll have to return to Sugihara at ESD to meet in-person if you want your diplomatic exchange officer from the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Ok, I've played for the past 6 hours, periodically checking this forum. If the missions are hourly, shouldn't I have received 6 missions per se? I've gotten none from him
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-18-2010, 07:11 PM
That is rather odd. Since Season 2 came out, I haven't gone anywhere near that length of time without receiving a DI tip. You probably should go ahead and open a bug report on it.

I assume you already did the Vulcan/Memory Alpha/Bajor missions while you were building towards Attaché? They don't have to be done for DI tips, just trying to think of something FDC-related you could do in the interim.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-18-2010, 07:45 PM
No, I stumbled upon Mem Alpha and Bajor/DS9. But was unaware of those other locations. But I'll go do them now. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-18-2010, 10:19 PM
No problem. As far as "storyline" diplomatic missions currently go, there's 1) An investigation on Vulcan; 2) The Cardassian situation at Bajor; 3) The delivery from Memory Alpha to K7; 4) The 3 Ferengi interactions on MA; 5) A trade deal on Starbase 39 (forgot about this one earlier). In addition, there's also a very simple "fetch" quest on MA; go speak to Kirayoshi O'Brien, who asks you to retrieve a jumja stick for him. You don't have to go to DS9 specifically to get it if you want to get it another way, but I do believe Quark's Bar is the least expensive (EC-wise, if not time-wise) place to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-19-2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
Alright, I did that, Jiro can't currently offer me Diplomatic Investigations, but there's no button to accept. Only a Not Now button. Is this a bug?

To be clear: I went to hail him thru the comm, click available missions, buttons show Diplomatic investigations and back. I click Diplomatic investigations, and there's only a button that says not now. Please assist before I send bug report, thank you in advance.
That is the way you get DI missions. What your seeing means there are no missions available. The missions are periodic, So all i can advise is to keep checking. When a mission does become available you'll see a button with "Diplomatic Investergation: XXXX nebula".

There is another way to get DI XP. The nebula mission were you scan ships/plants or pillors give DI XP. Its no the best way but it works.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh ok. So they (missions) are periodically offered. And some cluster missions grant Dip xp, I did notice that, but often wondered why investigating a ship/base did, but aiding a planet did not. Thank you for the replies.