Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
The NX designation is already in the C-Store. I believe it is 80 CP.
I think Deku is refering to the name prefix. Like U.S.S. Voyager, R.M.S. Titanic, and the like. The NX-01 and NX-02 didn't have these prefixes and were called Enterprise and Columbia, not U.S.S. Enterprise or U.S.S. Columbia
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
^ That's what I meant, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I wouldnt mind getting rid of the U.S.S Prefix but I find it highly unlikely CBS will let that fly.

No way in hell are you going to be able to put other prefix. I would rather NOT see Federation ships running around with I.S.S or I.K.S thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
I wouldnt mind getting rid of the U.S.S Prefix but I find it highly unlikely CBS will let that fly.

No way in hell are you going to be able to put other prefix. I would rather NOT see Federation ships running around with I.S.S or I.K.S thank you.
dint we have the option during closed beta for I.S.S. id love to add that prefix
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
dint we have the option during closed beta for I.S.S. id love to add that prefix
Well, when/if they add a playable Terran Empire. We should get those prefixes.

While I commend your guys idea, it doesn't really fit into the game. Just because of canon. Now, you might say: "Why should my gameplay be limited because of some old dusty gun."

I would counter: "Why should the dusty gun be discarded for your gameplay?"

Really, I would vote for more "material types" and more "window options" or "outside lights". I notice you don't have running lights after the Miranda. (Some of the RA ships have them.) How about those? We could change the colors of them too! That could make the ships more unique, AND keep it canon.

I am sorry, but I have to say 100% no against the ISS. Removing USS or making a new acronym is fine, at least I can't see a problem canon wise. In fact, I want to say the timeship in Voyager (Captain Braxton) had a different prefix.

Hey, where are our timeships?

EDIT (To Update)
Aww, I was wrong.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Relativity

However! The registry for the ship is "NCV-474439-G "

Now I am beginning to wonder about the "restriction" on our registries. I mean, can I not make a NX-474439-G or a NCC-474439-G? Then why can't I make a NCV-1701?

HA! Put that in your nacelle and smoke it!
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-07-2010, 02:42 AM
I'd be against 'I.S.S.' as well, for the record.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-08-2010, 03:42 AM
I'd have to say no to ISS, HMS, etc. (even though my fed engineer is originally from the mirror universe and served aboard the ISS Defiant) because there's a specific reason ships have a USS, HMS, ISS, IKS, etc. It is a reference to the military that they are a part of. United Starship refers to the UFP, HMS refers to the British Royal Navy (which wouldn't still exist in the 25th century since Earth is no longer devided into individual nations with independant militaries).

Simply put, if your char is part of the Federation faction, the ship has to be the USS [blank], unless maybe they start allowing things like Vulcan and Andorian ships, which would presumably have Vulcan/Andorian specific abbreviations.

If your char is part of hte Klingon Faction, it's an Imperial Klingon Ship. If it's part of the Romulan faction, it's an Imperial Romulan Warbird.

Also, the reason they didn't have the USS on the front of the Enterprise NX-01 is because there was not yet a United Federation of Planets, which is where the U comes from. At the time, it would've merely been the SS Enterprise, just like the SS Botany Bay.