Lt. Commander
# 51
04-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
No worries everyone ... I asked a question about the Gorn!

Let's see if Mr. Craig posts those Gorn pics like he promised!
You gotta remember Craig said that after midnight (BST) and before 12 am so technically it could have been another April Fools
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Voon works well and a lot of good questions were asked. I hope we can do it again
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-02-2009, 02:03 AM
I just listened to this, and I have to say I liked most of the info given, and that there were some good questions asked. So good job to both sides.

But, and this is important to me, please keep accuracy in the game! I can't possibly imagine how a game would play without accuracy (figurative) and I don't want to! It seems like it would be very horrible. That's only my impression, of course, but it really seems like it'd be a terrible stupid idea to not have accuracy in your game. Terribly stupid. Accuracy is a great balancing tool, and, yes, it IS fun to miss. Or rather, it's fun to be missed. :p

Please keep accuracy in the game! PLEASE!
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-02-2009, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Thanks for this Loekii
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I think many of the 'kinks' were 'user error', rather than a problem with the program.

Having been there, I heard people forgetting to mute themselves, having their mics too close to speakers or their phone, etc.

The chat system itself was surprisingly easy to use, and the audio was very clear. You can adjust each users volume, to address those that have their mic levels too low or too high, the 'mute' system works well (Hold LCntrl+D to talk, and it auto returns to mute). I would consider it for an ingame VOIP system if I were to set one up.
Really don't see many of the errors being people's fault. Some I'm sure, but the program is pretty buggy. It does random things all on it's own, like enables open mics when people have their PTT set, raises people's outputs all on it's own, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Really don't see many of the errors being people's fault. Some I'm sure, but the program is pretty buggy. It does random things all on it's own, like enables open mics when people have their PTT set, raises people's outputs all on it's own, etc.
I disagree. I know you said you had such an issue, but I would say MOST people forgot to turn off their mic, or accidentally turned it on -- instead of 'most' being turned on by the Program.

Given that we can all set the individual mic volumes, I would say that most mic volume issues were more likely user error (people adjusting their output volume, etc), than the program assigning random volume changes.

People tend to make far more mistakes than what they acknowledge -- sort of like how cars 'mysteriously' tend to go faster than the speed limit, especially when someone is in a hurry or no officers are around. :p
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh, I had a great time! lol

Someone said: "Wow! This feels like a press conference!"
It sure did.
Sorry I did not have my mic working. I wanted to open my questions with: "Kinneas from Hailing Frequency..." All reporter like.

All the questions were great.

It was a blast (and an honor) to listen to Craig & Awen.

Thanks, folks!
Thanks, IGN, Autumn
---
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Q: Are the career paths going to have a major effect on the types of missions we'll be given?

We really want to make it so that no matter what career you choose or no matter what role you want to play with in the game that you can still experience the content that, you know, maybe your friend who is going the tactical route saw and thinks is really really cool too. We want you to be able to go over and experience that as well.
I havea question similar to this..

if I'm a science or engineering guy, can I approach the content from a science/engineering angle and solve it with a science/engineering-based solution as opposed to a tactical solution?

Say, if each tree has 4 tiers, and you're a tier 4 science guy, you get a special option (on top of the readily available options) to solve the issue at hand, that a tier 4 tactical guy wouldn't get.

Basically any specialized Captain (i.e any Tier 4 Captain) has access to a unique option, be it dialogue, battle tactic, speech/scan, research.. maybe more than one of these, to solve the query they are confronted with, that any lesser Captain (say, one that's spread their skills across trees such that they're tier 2 in all of them) doesn't have.

Or perhaps each tier unlocks an skill that can be used to resolve problems you come across on missions/in space, and the further down a tier you go, the more likely the option is to work?
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-02-2009, 06:57 PM
The whole thing went down pretty well. Voon is a great tool, and the chat was a lot of fun! I'm hoping to see more things like this in the near future.
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinkaos View Post
I havea question similar to this..

if I'm a science or engineering guy, can I approach the content from a science/engineering angle and solve it with a science/engineering-based solution as opposed to a tactical solution?
I think that is what they are trying to portray. Kind of like that game "So You Want to be a Hero?" where you choose to start as fighter/thief/mage and the game is completely the same, except you solve riddles based on what you are (fighter would kick down a door, thief would pick same door's lock, mage would enchant a guard to unlock same door)