Lt. Commander
# 1 Dabo Winning %
08-04-2010, 09:34 AM
The dabo game is allot of fun!
But...

How are the winnings counted?
150 % for 3 shape
150% for 3 shape and 2 count which is more diffiult but the same winnings...

isn't that kinda dumb?
Then you can better remove it and just leave the 3 shape cause that's enough for the 150%
Remove the other 150% or give them a little higher!

The same with the other %.

Make it more variable and according to the difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
This first rule of slots, if it "feels" like you keep winning, you will keep playing. If you "feel" like you are losing you'll quit.

There is actually a detailed table of payouts. Right now I think the payout is dead on. There are enough low payouts to make me want to keep playing, and based on my own playing I'm losing more than I 'm spending. So the house is winning and I keep throwing in EC's to spin again. I think it's a win-win right now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Yes, it is good that they are low.
Only a few things doesn't make sense.

For example:

Shape x 3 = 150%
Shape x 3 + Count x 2 = 150%
Shape x 3 + Color x 2 = 150%
Shape x 3 + color x 2 + count x 2 = 150%

First one looks good, everything ok.
Then you see at the second, third and fourth and you see that they are much more difficult to get, especially the fourth one but they still give you 150%... isn't that a little useless to add? Just get the 3 shapes and you have the 150% the others are not need at all. Unless you give them a little more %, so that justify their difficulty and make some sense.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peets View Post
Yes, it is good that they are low.
Only a few things doesn't make sense.

For example:

Shape x 3 = 150%
Shape x 3 + Count x 2 = 150%
Shape x 3 + Color x 2 = 150%
Shape x 3 + color x 2 + count x 2 = 150%

First one looks good, everything ok.
Then you see at the second, third and fourth and you see that they are much more difficult to get, especially the fourth one but they still give you 150%... isn't that a little useless to add? Just get the 3 shapes and you have the 150% the others are not need at all. Unless you give them a little more %, so that justify their difficulty and make some sense.
hmmm, I don't have the actual table in front of me, so I may be off here. But the way I read this payout is:

Shape x 3 = 150%
Randoms x 3 = 1000% (or something)
Quark X 3 = 2000% (or something)

Matching the count or the color gives a significantly lower payout (less than 150%). So what is really happening is the Shape x3 payout is higher than your payout for having the same color or same count, so you are given the highest payout available on your spin. I think you are asking for the payouts to all be summed together instead.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2010, 01:53 PM
yes and no.

You are correct about those 3, that are the dabo's.
And there are smaller payouts too.

But having 3 shapes is difficult and gives you a nice bonus.
But if you have even better ones with the three shapes you don't get even a better one until you have 3 shapes 3 counts and 2 colours, the best thing you can have except the special ones.