Lt. Commander
# 11
08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Hmmm great idea to bring people back to play STO. But I hope the bugs are fixed and the broken pvp system is either fixed or revamped ( prefer the pvp system to be revamped to a better system for pvp'ing ). Anyways hope this brings back players to play STO.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
It would be wise to push this back a week or four, until the bugs are sorted out. . .
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Will we see giant cozmozoan tribbles ravaging Klingon space? I'd roll a klink just to see that...
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Are you invinting people in to see... this...

I would feel like having guests in my house after weeks of no tidying or cleaning... I would be embarassed ... You don't invite people over to watch a movie on your new widescreen if the house is a total mess...

Really hope you will have a patch before you open the doors... at the moment half the end game content is broken...

- PvP, waiting in line for hours for a match
- STFs, half of them broken
- Exploration missions, no teaming up

The four new missions are great, but anyone sticking aroud to see what else is changed will be sorely disappointed..
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGothic View Post
What about those who are active? And what exactly are the perks of playing this weekend? Or is it just 'put a name on this weekend and leave it at that?'
The weekend is meant for those players who have decided to leave STO for whatever reason, to come back and see what they're missing out on. While we do appreciate our loyal active subscribers, there is nothing special about this weekend for you, except...

If you have friends who no longer play STO, this is a great time to get together and play with them. They'll be able to log in after patching up, and who knows, maybe they'll decide to stick around for awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers View Post
Everything going to be fixed by then? I'd hate to have all the returners leave with a sour taste because the pvp queue is borked or the servers are lagging or somesuch.
We have a patch we've been working on that should be going live before the welcome back weekend starts which should address many of these issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraKet View Post
Cool beans trying to get people back.

Any chance you can answer how far off the answers for the August "Ask Cryptic" are? all who submitted questions are wanting to know. :p
I'm hoping to get those answered and posted for you all soon.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Devs, I wanted to thank you for the feedback on our questions
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilain View Post
Will we see giant cozmozoan tribbles ravaging Klingon space? I'd roll a klink just to see that...
I would Lifetime subscribe to see that
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Qapla'!! getting people back, GREAT IDEA! fixing bugs, GREAT IDEA!! Season 2 already got a friend of mine from work back to STO, Best of luck from the House of Korax.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Too soon. Season 2 is still too broken to bring people back like this. It will just remind them why they left.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

We have a patch we've been working on that should be going live before the welcome back weekend starts which should address many of these issues.
Well I certainly hope for the sake of the current player base and those returning to check out the progress of the game you do and it actually works, otherwise it would be a terrible, terrible mistake on your part to show a game in its current state, BROKEN !