Lt. Commander
# 21
08-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We have a patch we've been working on that should be going live before the welcome back weekend starts which should address many of these issues.
Does this mean we will have a patch maintenance period within the next 2.5 hours?
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
i have to agree with that guy above me, the game is badly broken in pvp, and both b tran sections, you cant team up and you cant play half of the missions if your teamed or solo. the aid the planet in the b tran is busted.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Is this really a good idea? Shouldn't you guys wait till the bugs are worked out of season 2 so you can make a better impression on people?
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-05-2010, 02:24 AM
To StormShade; Thank You for the trouble you go through finding answers to questions. It is nice to know that at least some one from the customer base can do this, but what about answers to the questions that really matter, Like how in GODS creation did CRYPTIC get chosen to produce this game?
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-05-2010, 03:13 AM
So, judging by most of the replies above me, the game's still broken and Cryptic still don't have a clue as to what they're doing with this potential gold mine? Great, saves me the time of re-installing and updating.
Lt. Commander
About how many times a week do I have to log in only to find out: Surprise surprise, I can't play. It's a total crapshoot. Seriously Cryptic, between the time you arbitrarily deleted all 3 of my characters and then took 3 days to fix that, and all the maintenance ambushes, you should be paying me. I at least shouldn't be paying you. I have seen far more consistancy from free MMORPG's.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Dont bother if you live in Australia as the server is never up.

Best wait untill next week ....
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-05-2010, 04:22 AM
have jsut read through the eng report and if everything is worked out fine that has been mentioned there then it should be a reasonable time for then to come back and try, will see how the pvp queing works, this has probs been said before but a simple "join FvK arena" or "join FvF arena" button would make things so much nicer and general as uposed to going ok i want to fight in an arena. so i'll try this one this one and this one and thats it because i cant que anymore.

hope you'e added that this patch

Darth
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-05-2010, 04:54 AM
I have been in the STO community since I found the website a couple years ago and would first like to point out some things that have been on my mind for quite some time.

1. Content
I'd like to open by saying I am a Star Trek fan and have been one since a child. I grew up waiting with my Dad to see the Voyage home and mutually hated The Final Frontier and was greatly wow'd by The Undiscovered Country. Star Trek has a very venerable and long history which has built a fanbase which very few other genre's can compare to. I believe Cryptic Studios and friends have done a passable job of attempting to continue this content in Star Trek Online. There are bound to be glitches and bugs in such a new game, however, with bugs there must be a major attempt to fix these bugs in a timely fashion. I will state that I have not seen much progress in the solution to many of these bugs to date. I understand the not so die hard Star Trek Online players will be turned off by these bugs and even potentially quit playing the game altogether.

2. Gameplay
The gameplay of STO brings two games to mind both of which I have extensive experience (4+ years playing). The First being EVE online for the ship based combat and Star Wars Galaxies for the ground based. I enjoy the style of combat Cryptic Studios has integrated into the game and can only hope to see it improve in the future. I also will add that there are still bugs with Bridge Officer AI and Enemy NPC AI. Both seem very unrealistic and dull. I know coding can only go so far, but if I had a chance to input my thoughts, I would say to focus on those facets of the game as well. It's one thing to have gameplay as passable and working, but to focus on making it enjoyable and intelligent would win over the hearts of many who play this game.

To finish, I'd like to say I am still a die hard Star Trek fan. Star Trek Online is just another way of me to pay homage to Paramount Studios and to respect Mr. Roddenberry for creating the world we all enjoy today.

-Vice Admiral Draykson
USS Murasame - Defiant Refit
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-05-2010, 05:15 AM
I re-subbed for a month, wither I sub next month depends on how thing have changed since February.