Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange Needs Changes
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry kiddies,

Cryptic's new Exchange keeps mailing me back my stuff and I don't view Exchange management as content.

So all the goodies I would normally put up there, the rares and such that you need, I will just sell for chump change to get them out of my inventory.

If enough people get to feeling this way there will be an empty Exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 2 "Good" is subjective...
08-04-2010, 07:51 PM
If people wanted your "goodies" then they likely would have bought them. Since you got them back, maybe that is an indication that you valued them a bit more than everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
People buy from me good on the Exchange, the fact that Cryptic only lets stuff stay there for 30 seconds so as not to overburden their weak servers is the issue.

Down with Exchange posting time limits!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie
People buy from me good on the Exchange, the fact that Cryptic only lets stuff stay there for 30 seconds so as not to overburden their weak servers is the issue.

You can only put items on the exchange for 30 seconds before it gets mailed back? Sounds like a bug. You should report it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I was exaggerating to make a point.

It was more like a week?

It's easier for me to just sell stuff than to fiddle with the Exchange all the time.

I am a Vice Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Seriously? I'm ALL FOR Time Limits!

Without Time limits, the exchange would be FLOODED by people pricing things 2 credits lower than the rest. Eventually everything there will be so devalued that it would defeat the purpose of the Exchange in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-05-2010, 01:14 AM
And it can't be as short as a week. Maybe two. I have finally been getting back stuff that I had completely forgotten that it was up in the exchange to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-05-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I was exaggerating to make a point.

It was more like a week?

It's easier for me to just sell stuff than to fiddle with the Exchange all the time.

I am a Vice Admiral.
I am a vyking!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-05-2010, 03:15 AM
The time limit is there for a reason. Before they had the time limit the exchange was horrible. Now you price stuff to move or it goes back to you. I'm glad we won't be seeing your items on the exchange, that's less pricing competition I have to deal with.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-05-2010, 05:07 AM
From my viewing many items I saw listed on the exchange, it was obvious to me that many people were using the exchange as a replacement for the short space in the bank. Items were posted for $XXX Million Credits, and were left there indefinitely. That should not be what the exchange is used for, nor the way it should be allowed to be used. I agree with a two week limit for posted items. If they do not move in that time, then they should be returned to poster for further processing. That is a good move on Cryptic's part.

Most things I have posted on the exchange have usually sold in minuets, rather than days. The only things that have not sold that I have posted are the Ship Engines, and the Ship Shields. Those I have pulled off and sold over the counter in the ship yard.