Lt. Commander
# 11
08-05-2010, 04:20 AM
In regards to the devalue of items over time. It does suck.
For the short time that I played WoW years ago, I spent a lot of time and effort getting 'materials' together to 'craft' weaponry like swords and shields. Since those swords and shields were valued in a vendor at over 1 gold I felt I could make a modest profit in the exchange. But after taking a look and seeing a lot of identical items to the ones I had crafted being sold for a silver or less, it was just plain stupid. And for those lucky enough to be illiterate to WoW it's 100 silver in 1 gold, meaning 1 silver or less is virtuallyl worthless.

WoW sucked back then and probably still sucks today. Now I'm gonna have nightmares due to this short recollection. (Ok, Vince, think happy thought. STO-STO-STO.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
It was 20 days.

Now they have done something in the latest patch to break things like they always do.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Pull yourself together, Vince! Tribbles, Phasers, Orion Slave Girls... all happy!

The way the exchange works now, I generally have and do make a decent profit off crafting. Time limits= good. No bulk buying and selling = good. If there WERE bulk buying and selling, I'd be the first to abuse the hell out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
I was exaggerating to make a point.

It was more like a week?

It's easier for me to just sell stuff than to fiddle with the Exchange all the time.

I am a Vice Admiral.
The time limit is a must; otherwise I could use the entire exchange as bank slots. I'd simply take the item and post it on the exchange for 999999999 credits.

Sure, folks can still do that now and just get the thing mailed back to them....but at least I know they are annoyed
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyking68 View Post
I am a vyking!
I am a Roman! Have at you!
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
From my viewing many items I saw listed on the exchange, it was obvious to me that many people were using the exchange as a replacement for the short space in the bank. Items were posted for $XXX Million Credits, and were left there indefinitely. That should not be what the exchange is used for, nor the way it should be allowed to be used. I agree with a two week limit for posted items. If they do not move in that time, then they should be returned to poster for further processing. That is a good move on Cryptic's part.

Most things I have posted on the exchange have usually sold in minuets, rather than days. The only things that have not sold that I have posted are the Ship Engines, and the Ship Shields. Those I have pulled off and sold over the counter in the ship yard.
What Im reading here is, you would accept the prices that the game places on your engines/shields, and recycle the items back into the game-ether, than simply sell them at the value the game places them at, and sell them to a player who might actually use them...

Hmm... Interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-07-2010, 05:19 AM
Sigh

Let's try this again.

Read the words, NO thinking until you have read them.

I am a Vice Admiral (I know you are a Roman or a Viking, stay on course)

I have a LOT of credits (no you can't have any)

Before tha last patch I would put up a half dozen items that looked like they would sell good. (for a lot of credits)

After this last patch it seems I get stuff mailed back very soon after posting.

The REASON for this thread is to advise Cryptic that if they don't fix this, I at least (and most likely others) will stop using the exchange and just sell their items for whatever the venders pay rather than deal with the hassle of the Exchange.

Commense banter....
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythgraven View Post
What Im reading here is, you would accept the prices that the game places on your engines/shields, and recycle the items back into the game-ether, than simply sell them at the value the game places them at, and sell them to a player who might actually use them...

Hmm... Interesting.
Basically, Yes. I ask a bit more on the exchange than the counter value, and if no one buys them for that, I take them back to the counter. I do not post items in what I would consider USURY Prices as I see many players do, but if no one is willing to give me a few $$ for my effort and time, I will sell it back at counter. And, Yes, it is interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-07-2010, 06:24 AM
the only thing i hate about it is, wen i use search i only get 400 items and thats it, somtimes the type i need is not even in there cus of the 400 items and the way the prize list works i get the 400 cheapest items witch i like BUT if the type i need is not one of the 400 cheapest items its not even there :/ anyway typing the full name of the item resolves that but then again i don't allways know how the full name is typed ... it frustrates me alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huud007 View Post
The time limit is a must; otherwise I could use the entire exchange as bank slots. I'd simply take the item and post it on the exchange for 999999999 credits.

Sure, folks can still do that now and just get the thing mailed back to them....but at least I know they are annoyed
ha eazy to stop this, make the exchange ask 25% of the value you enter to mail your item back if you can't pay that money, then the exchange wil destroy your item won't that take care of the players that set up impossible high amounts over prized items on the exchange?! and let the system scan for players that used normal prizes and there items if not soled are mailed back for free cus there respected the value of the item.

i know it will probably make 50% of the players mad as hell but at least the redicules prizes wil be off the exchange... its like the world if full of ferengi types, making a profit and don't care if you have to scam somone to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Hmm, I've had ofers removed but thats only after about 2 weeks of not selling. I've only had lke 5 items ever do that, but I've sold thousands of intems in the last months. Just gotta check the market and put yours a little lower.

I actually replicate all odd mark items (cept for 11 lol) and most commons because people won't buy em.