Lt. Commander
# 21
08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
Or perhaps deploy them initially to tribble in order to get the feedback and tweak as needed, after being graded 'sufficient' they can move it to holodeck for general deployment.
This would work as well. Only move those UGC that get approval from Cryptic off of Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-05-2010, 09:28 AM
well the other option would be to just scrap any sort of material gain from it altogether and make it so that its truly a holodeck adventure that has no bearing on the main game. That idea though will most likely not go over well because people will complain they spent all this time creating this for 'nothing'
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
well the other option would be to just scrap any sort of material gain from it altogether and make it so that its truly a holodeck adventure that has no bearing on the main game. That idea though will most likely not go over well because people will complain they spent all this time creating this for 'nothing'
Nah! A lot of them would like to create it just for the experience. But I don't think tying them to a holodeck would work. No one would bother actually go there.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-05-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't know about UGC in game, I was never a big fan of such things. I will be ok with it as long as it does not proliferate all over the game I will be fine with it. Like I dont want to explore and beam down to a UGC map. But I would be ok with going to ONE planet and one that planet you choose the UGC map and mission you would like to play.

I would be even happier if you could make and play that UGC on the Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Nah! A lot of them would like to create it just for the experience. But I don't think tying them to a holodeck would work. No one would bother actually go there.
And thats kind of the point, people are going to want their content 'in the game' The question is how to strike the best balance so that people can use the system to power level(though honestly I dont know why you would want it, its far too easy to level as it stands) and otherwise abuse the system so you have level 2 BoP dropping purple gear.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
This would work as well. Only move those UGC that get approval from Cryptic off of Tribble.
You're being WAY too uptight about UGC.

The way it'll probably work is this (just speculation):

Like PvP, UGC is accessed from the little drop down arrow. Select the UGC menu. You get the prompts from the OP's screenshots. You can search, find the highest rating, browse by rating, whatever.

Select the one you want to do...get a loading screen (ie - you're entering your ship's holodeck)...and boom you're in the mission. Do the mission and have fun. No XP and no Loot (cept for maybe minor stuff like batteries or something).

The top rated ones may go on to become actual missions in the game if Cryptic likes them.

There is NOTHING wrong with a system like this...EXCEPT for the lack of incentive of doing the missions in the first place...other than having a good time and creating challenges for people.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Quote:
And thats kind of the point, people are going to want their content 'in the game' The question is how to strike the best balance so that people can use the system to power level(though honestly I dont know why you would want it, its far too easy to level as it stands) and otherwise abuse the system so you have level 2 BoP dropping purple gear.
That's why I think it is important that Cryptic, should they allow UGC, should still handle the drops and rewards. Allow users to create the levels and place the enemies, but Cryptic itself will determine what you get.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
That's why I think it is important that Cryptic, should they allow UGC, should still handle the drops and rewards. Allow users to create the levels and place the enemies, but Cryptic itself will determine what you get.
Aren't the weekly missions designed to be playable regardless of rank? There will be a system in place of drops that are player-specific, not mission specific. They could do something similar with UGC. You'd get drops according to your level, not by the map-maker's design.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Aren't the weekly missions designed to be playable regardless of rank? There will be a system in place of drops that are player-specific, not mission specific. They could do something similar with UGC. You'd get drops according to your level, not by the map-maker's design.
Good point, that could easily fix that.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
You're being WAY too uptight about UGC.
I know I am probably in the minority when it comes to UGC. I just feel the game would be better served if there was a layer of editorial control. I'm looking forward to seeing what some of the creative users can come up with, but the game must still be consistent from one map to the other.