Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomatic Immunity Power
08-05-2010, 07:58 AM
As only being able to use it on an ally, this is truly a gimp power which makes zero sense.

Talking in real terms here, as a diplomat, you may request immunity for yourself. Diplomatic immunity is a kind of legal protection and protection, followed by the governments to ensure the safety and security of foreign diplomats while giving them a sound system to work in the foreign soil. Under this immunity, a foreign diplomat cannot be punished or arrested under the local laws and order. Further, diplomats cannot be prosecuted or susceptible to lawsuits in the host country.

Honestly if we can't buff ourselves, what is the point.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Yes, I'm sure it would seem like that if you have no friends.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-06-2010, 03:47 AM
1) The speed boost is up to the normal warp speed of vice admirals, so pretty pointless for a self-buff.
2) You can easily avoid DSE's.
3) It's great to buff a low-level friend you want to show some higher-tier areas.
4) It's always fun to hand it out to random ships you pass in Sirius.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Apparently we are not alone at being confused by the effects of this power:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=172738
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2010, 08:11 AM
I can't get over how dumb this power is as currently implemented.

Please fix it Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2010, 05:43 AM
this does really annoy me. one of the things that people hate the most is being dragged into enemy contacts when they dont want to. it is one of the MOST annoying things and the thing i hate the most. so cryptic came up with a clever, canocal and sensible solution for it. also making levelling in the diplomatic core have an incentive to ice the title. then they managed to screw it up by making you only able to target allies. yes it is useful when you're doing stuff in a team, but i hardly ever fly around sector space with others, i do STFs and missions with others. cryptic just make us able to target ourselves. PLEASE!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7 I'll second that
08-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Diplomatic immunity really does frustrate me, i was excited to get this power when i thought I could apply it to myself. As it is, it has no use at all. Most of the time in this game, I am solo, and when in a team, my mates are in other instances or out of range. I have not found a single opportunity to use the power to any benefit at all.

I beg the devs to
first: clarify the power info. There's no reason for all this confusion.
second: make this power useful to soloers. Most of this game is played solo(as disappointing as that is), even most heals are self targetable. Why is this power, which is only conceivably useful as a self-buff the exception?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
I will attest to also be underwhelmed by this power.

Furthoermore, it irritates me by - for some reason - automatically coming up on my ground combat power tray. It has no place or use there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
this does really annoy me. one of the things that people hate the most is being dragged into enemy contacts when they dont want to.
Agreed, even worse is getting dragged into one you just left, only to spawn in the middle of a fleet of totally over powered enemys that appear when in between active modes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-24-2010, 03:32 AM
Oddly enough, since I gained the first diplomacy rank, I seem to have become immune to the sensor contacts in sector space. I sat on a borg cube 2 days ago for 10min just for a giggle and kept blocking its path.

Not sure if it was a bug or not as the immunity power is 3rd rank and for a friend, but it seems to me that you become immune to them by default at rank 1 and then can help a friend from rank 3.

Though it does kind of back fire when you want to do a defend the sector mission and need to find a contact that has been activated already as when you fly at one it ignores you