Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Looking at the calendar I noticed that what is coming up for sale is labeled the "The Search for Spock Excelsior." for the Commander rank. Does this mean you're going to sell "The Enterprise-B Excelsior" for Admirals as an entirely separate product later?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-05-2010, 02:26 PM
According to Dstahl, the Tier-3 Excelsior is going to be purchasable for energy credits. It's the Tier-5 Excelsior that's going in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh sweet. I withdraw my question and thank you for the info. The blue color used on this on the calendar looks the same to me as the c-store blue on there.

If that's right can I get Stormshade to lock this one please . But not Rekhan, that monkey creeps me out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-07-2010, 04:02 AM
Just have to say, not much makes me laugh but the "It's really per character. Oh my." quote in your picture got one out of me. Bravo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-07-2010, 12:06 PM
So you are actually ok with getting a Tier 3 Excelsior for EC and a Tier 5 Excelsior to replace it for $$$. It boggles my mind when people line up to use the C-Store and do not consider the ethical conundrum of offering inequal costs for similar items. Guess most people don't see much beyond, 'Cool I want that' ...sad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
So you are actually ok with getting a Tier 3 Excelsior for EC and a Tier 5 Excelsior to replace it for $$$. It boggles my mind when people line up to use the C-Store and do not consider the ethical conundrum of offering inequal costs for similar items. Guess most people don't see much beyond, 'Cool I want that' ...sad.
If it wasnt for the C-store the Excelsior wouldnt even be on the release schedule for many more months. It cost money to make that ship due to player demand, and now they must rectify the costs to make it via the C-store. It sucks, but it is logical...I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
If it wasnt for the C-store the Excelsior wouldnt even be on the release schedule for many more months. It cost money to make that ship due to player demand, and now they must rectify the costs to make it via the C-store. It sucks, but it is logical...I guess.
i wish it was true...however it s the same artist building ships for the C store and for the core game...

anyways if we follow your logic... why don t they put the ships's interior in the C store then ... it must have taken longer to make them than the Excelsior, more personals and was demanded by a lots of players too...Basically if we did not ask for it, they would have never made them. in the same line why don t they charge for the dabo game as well....Hmmm?

I m afraid it did not cost them any more money or time to make the Excelsior than an Undine ship you have been fighting. it s even easier as the Excelsior is well documented... just need to copy it...no need of creativity.

to me a t5 excelsior does not make much sense... even re/retro=fited it should not be as powerful as a sovereign...but some people wants to play with her at high level... fair enough...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
If it wasnt for the C-store the Excelsior wouldnt even be on the release schedule for many more months. It cost money to make that ship due to player demand, and now they must rectify the costs to make it via the C-store. It sucks, but it is logical...I guess.
No offense, but people actually swallowing this argument is exactly why this issue will never be resolved. The current mmo market is living, breathing proof of that. Content as well as fluff items can and wil be made for any game by any developer as the game matures as people are playing it and paying their subscription fees. This belief that the C-Stores very existence is the only reason that new ships are designed and put into game is utter nonsense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkStone View Post
No offense, but people actually swallowing this argument is exactly why this issue will never be resolved. The current mmo market is living, breathing proof of that. Content as well as fluff items can and wil be made for any game by any developer as the game matures as people are playing it and paying their subscription fees. This belief that the C-Stores very existence is the only reason that new ships are designed and put into game is utter nonsense.
Agreed.

I think the best way I've seen it described is this (paraphrase, couldn't find the original)

Subscription pays for :
Content A
Content B
Content C
Content D

Fans want extra content (E)

Content D workers instead work on Content E, which you are then charged for.

So, at the end of the day, you paid for

A,B,C, and D

But only got A,B,&C and are told to pay extra for Content E

OR

You paid for A,B,C,D and so they divert some of the workers to Content E

And A,B,C,D drop in quality
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Agreed.

I think the best way I've seen it described is this (paraphrase, couldn't find the original)

Subscription pays for :
Content A
Content B
Content C
Content D

Fans want extra content (E)

Content D workers instead work on Content E, which you are then charged for.

So, at the end of the day, you paid for

A,B,C, and D

But only got A,B,&C and are told to pay extra for Content E

OR

You paid for A,B,C,D and so they divert some of the workers to Content E

And A,B,C,D drop in quality
You know, I've already made good arguments of why some things in the C-Store shouldn't be bought, but I've never thought of it like that. That gives a lot of perspective. Unless they're hiring more people to work specifically on C-Store stuff, then they're leeching even more out of us than the C-Store prices indicate. And yes, even though I'm a lifer, the price I pay is not in hard cash, but time waiting for the regular, already paid for content taking longer. You monthlies can just unsub for a while, then resub when the new, regular content comes out.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:34 PM.