Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
Hi thanks for the post.
Unfortunately the best designed queue system in gaming can't change the fact there isn't enough players playing PvP.
However, solving usability issues in the old interface will help get more people involved.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy
That's the cynical, is slightly correct way to look at it. The amount of people who PvP compared to overall game populations in most MMOs tends to be small. This create two problems when it comes to developing content for PvP, the first is there isn't a lot of bang for the buck, as it won't see as much use as say a PvE mission would, the second issue is adding more PvP content tends to further dilute the PvP player base, because everyone has maps they like and maps they hate, and they aren't all the same. Even in WoW with its much larger population, this has been a problem, so they totally revamped the PvP system to reward player accepting random maps over picking their own, so they could funnel more players together faster.

I think once PvPers in MMOs start to realize these things they can help come up with better ideas then "add a ton of maps" which just adds to a bunch of QQ about how it takes too long for the queue to pop.
Actually we have offered suggestions, A "neutral zone" with open and persistant PvP. All it needs are some contol points, easy to design no AI no NPC's just a container for us to kill and plunder each other. This system would be usefull for years to either faction (or any new factions).

Yes hard core PvPers are a minority but casual PvPers raise the numbers up a fair amount. And since Cryptic has made Klingons PvP centered it is their responsability to cater to that faction or group. Also if they done the above well the Klingons who left over the borring PvP system would start ressub again. Our fleet has lost over 125 people only 1 quit because of the PvE and talking to other fleets its about the same.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
PvP is actually one of our top priorities right now.

We have several devs working on a brand new queuing system for PvP in order to improve the overall PvP experience for you guys. In fact, when Tribble comes back up later today, it should have that new system in place for testing.

We know that there are problems, and we are actively working to resolve them and improve our PvP mechanics.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Fixing the ques for the same boring PvP system isnt much of a fix to the PvP and Klingon (the PvP centered faction) problems.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-06-2010, 07:28 PM
If you like PVP so much why do you limit the options so badly?
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-07-2010, 01:35 AM
I hope Cryptic really is working to expand (not just make work) PvP. I quit a few months ago and came back recently to check out whats new because space battles are fun and I really want to love this game, its disapointing to me how little has been done to expand PvP. Its especially disheartening that we got pointless ship interiors that do nothing before we got a single new space PvP map or even a promise of open PvP. I want to take the devs at their word that PvP really is a priority, but if there isnt at least some announcment of a planned expansion of PvP its going to be hard to justify next months sub.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-07-2010, 02:10 AM
@ Manaan-i'd like to see Bridge interiors as a map option in private Q's. (Khaless is my personal fav)

you could play it as an arena, with or w/out the crew wandering around.

or like a cap & hold w/the Ready Room, the Brig, the Engineering Office, Sick Bay, transporter Room, and the Engineering Room as possible cap points. option to take out all the crew wandering around the ship, or split them up between the player teams.

i think that would be one way to put Bridges to good use.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviegle View Post
If you like PVP so much why do you limit the options so badly?
If you think you can design a better system I am sure Cryptic would be willing to look over your application. They are hiring for a number of positions. Not sure it's in the Design team, but since you seem to know what it needs, I am sure you are quite skilled.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
If you think you can design a better system I am sure Cryptic would be willing to look over your application. They are hiring for a number of positions. Not sure it's in the Design team, but since you seem to know what it needs, I am sure you are quite skilled.
It is not his job as a gamer and customer to come up with and execute good game design. It's Cryptic's job to do so. He will pay if he is happy and satisfied with the product.

Quit making excuses for p*ss-poor game design and implementation.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Easy.

Open up the maps like they did at the beta final event, except allow Klingons to be cloaked when they enter the battle maps or put them at opposite ends for the spawn points.

Open PVP would be both consentual and fun. Don't allow entry into mission storyline maps of course (for continuity, grinding issues) or into newbie zones like Sol, but you could allow it just about everywhere else. You would also allow Klingon players access to all the system mission questlines as well this way and solve a major Klingon content gripe.

Trust me, the subscriptions would flood in- and a lot of Feddies would roll Kling I'm sure.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
I dont PvP much so I'm not really up to date, so what new content has been added to PvP in the past 6 months?
Well clearly you dont count, and you are admittedly ignorant, and frankly just plain look stupid with that statement.

How many powers have been changed in 6 months? How many alterations to the mechanics of the game (cannons use to fire in sequence dont you know.)?

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE CHANGES WAS DIRECTED AT PVP BALANCE! Frankly i dont need a map. gimme a black background and thats an arena to me. The quality of the combat, and the challenge derived from a semblance of balance.. that is what MAKES PVP. Private duels, new ships, a whole new q (work in progres): ALL FOR PVP.

Next time you see someone having an argument in real life and say "hey, i dont know what the **** your talking about, why dont you stop and explain to me what you just said" and tell me what happens.