Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Wow, gotta love this.

Welcome back weekend (except those outside USA).
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Wow, gotta love this.

Welcome back weekend (except those outside USA).
They have said it repeatedly, maintenance is scheduled for when they have the least amount of players online. The Oceanic region (and European lunch time) appears to be a minority. It may not feel right but those are the facts, at least according to Cryptic.

What I find interesting is that these notices no longer mention anything about a patch even if there is one like the big one the other day.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Yup, I know they have said this before - old news.

As a result they are issolating the game to a single timezone, and it will never become an international success. Ever wondered why there is a minimum number of players durring this time? Becuase you can't get on to play and people cancel thier subscription out of frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Yup, I know they have said this before - old news.

As a result they are issolating the game to a single timezone, and it will never become an international success. Ever wondered why there is a minimum number of players durring this time? Becuase you can't get on to play and people cancel thier subscription out of frustration.
Uh no... even in beta/first month the numbers were low during that time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansler
They have said it repeatedly, maintenance is scheduled for when they have the least amount of players online. The Oceanic region (and European lunch time) appears to be a minority. It may not feel right but those are the facts, at least according to Cryptic.
Look, I know the reasons, but you can't blame us for complaining about it. If it were you, I'm sure you'd be complaining, and knowing what it's like, I wouldn't be getting on my high horse and saying facts are facts mate and you're at the bottom, I'd be sympathetic, at least. As it is, every second night if not every night the game is down from 7-8pm onwards - unarguably "prime time" and it just sucks. Is there a better solution? Seemingly not, but it doesn't make it suck any less.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the support!

I am voting with my feet and cancelling my subscription today. Not use paying for a game I can't play. These are the reasons MMO's fail and are canned after 12 months.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
Look, I know the reasons, but you can't blame us for complaining about it. If it were you, I'm sure you'd be complaining, and knowing what it's like, I wouldn't be getting on my high horse and saying facts are facts mate and you're at the bottom, I'd be sympathetic, at least. As it is, every second night if not every night the game is down from 7-8pm onwards - unarguably "prime time" and it just sucks. Is there a better solution? Seemingly not, but it doesn't make it suck any less.
Matsky you pretty much nailed it right there.....

Do the players in the Oceanic region have a problem with the maintainence....NO - said over and over but seems to always get over looked.

Do we want to play the game - YES...... that's why we have subs.

Do we feel like we are always the ones impacted with the downtime... - YES coz as repeatedly stated Cryptic perfrom maintainence when the least people are online.... yes we get it

The very circular argument there is that if the maintainence always hits during the oceanic prime time, then there will not be as many people signing up for the game as they can't play it as the servers are usually undergoing maintainence during a Prime Time.....

Suggestion how to help smooth things over..... Maybe do everything possible to avoid patching or maintainence near the weekend.... so perform the routine maintainence mid-week, at least that way Oceanic players have a chance to play the game on the weekend???

Seems like a reasonable request.......as it seems that every weekend there is an outage during our Prime Time weekend ....... and given that at most another country will be 12 hours difference, avoiding routine maintainence on Friday through Monday would cover thigns off....

Yes I keep saying Routine Maintainence, obviously server crashes and such happen whenever........ what i'm talking about is Cryptic scheduling maintainence.....

seems reasonable for all concerned....
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the support!

I am voting with my feet and cancelling my subscription today. Not use paying for a game I can't play. These are the reasons MMO's fail and are canned after 12 months.
I for 1 will be sorry to see another Aussie go from the game, but i guess it can't be stopped.

I'm a lifer so i'd probably do the same thing if i was a pay / month sub
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
You're probably right, my sympathy metre tends to run low at five in the morning. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they aren't out to get you is all.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertrynus View Post
Matsky you pretty much nailed it right there.....

Do the players in the Oceanic region have a problem with the maintainence....NO - said over and over but seems to always get over looked.

Do we want to play the game - YES...... that's why we have subs.

Do we feel like we are always the ones impacted with the downtime... - YES coz as repeatedly stated Cryptic perfrom maintainence when the least people are online.... yes we get it

The very circular argument there is that if the maintainence always hits during the oceanic prime time, then there will not be as many people signing up for the game as they can't play it as the servers are usually undergoing maintainence during a Prime Time.....

Suggestion how to help smooth things over..... Maybe do everything possible to avoid patching or maintainence near the weekend.... so perform the routine maintainence mid-week, at least that way Oceanic players have a chance to play the game on the weekend???

Seems like a reasonable request.......as it seems that every weekend there is an outage during our Prime Time weekend ....... and given that at most another country will be 12 hours difference, avoiding routine maintainence on Friday through Monday would cover thigns off....

Yes I keep saying Routine Maintainence, obviously server crashes and such happen whenever........ what i'm talking about is Cryptic scheduling maintainence.....

seems reasonable for all concerned....
Okay apparently a few people are taking into consideration that this downtime is a normal thing. It's not. Downtimes have always been the norm for Tuesdays and Thursday nights so it doesn't impact the weekend. However there has been major issues that have caused more downtime than normal (hell we did have a mid day downtime sunday ><). And the reason for these maintenances are to make things work RIGHT so that you dont have to have as many.

Be patient, within a week it'll go right back to what it normally does, maybe once or twice a week.
If this isn't enough then I dunno what to tell yah ^^