Lt. Commander
# 21
08-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Maintence includes patching bugs, correct? I know of at least one which was claimed in the August 5th release notes, that was not actually fixed, despite the release notes saying so.

Which is- the bug in star clusters, taking you to the wrong incomplete mission.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedman70
Maintence includes patching bugs, correct? I know of at least one which was claimed in the August 5th release notes, that was not actually fixed, despite the release notes saying so.

not always it can be server side maintenance as well (however i somewhat doubt it)
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedman70

Yeah. Some bugs appear harder to squash than others. Also it seems that these bugs are like the heads of the Hydra, cutting one off only serves to grow two in its place.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-06-2010, 11:21 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-06-2010, 11:50 PM
While you're welcome to cancel in protest if you wish, I don't believe Cryptic will change when they do maintenance, even if every single Australian customer cancels their subscription. They have so many in the USA that they would still be better off keeping it when it is than inconveniencing US players, which make up the overwhelming majority of players. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's the reality. That's the trade-off when you have a "single server" that's instanced. Someone has to get the short end of the stick, and unfortunately, for now anyway, it is you.

I do feel your pain and appreciate your frustration. I'm simply saying, that's their take from a business perspective.
Lt. Commander
# 26 scheduled <=> announce ?!
08-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Let's redefine 'scheduled' here. I'ld say, if it's scheduled, you should
have informed your subscribers before taking down the servers. Since
it's 'scheduled' you know before hand, so why not inform. Also, why
would you 'excuse yourself for inconvenience' to a subscriber logging
in, in the same sentence where it reads 'scheduled maintenance'?!
Isn't that really contradicting? As an announced (scheduled?)
maintenance is not a thing to excuse yourself for, is it? Then,
I can see that in practice it wouldn't look too nice having to
inform players the same message like 5 days a week tho *sarcasm*
Well, just hope it's all gonna be more 'trustworthy' again! So one can
play when one can, feel like it or 'scheduled' even.. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas-
While you're welcome to cancel in protest if you wish, I don't believe Cryptic will change when they do maintenance, even if every single Australian customer cancels their subscription. They have so many in the USA that they would still be better off keeping it when it is than inconveniencing US players, which make up the overwhelming majority of players. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's the reality. That's the trade-off when you have a "single server" that's instanced. Someone has to get the short end of the stick, and unfortunately, for now anyway, it is you.

I do feel your pain and appreciate your frustration. I'm simply saying, that's their take from a business perspective.
Yup, I totaly agree with what you are saying. That is why I am spending my money elsewhere continual server downtime is the least if thier problems (ie. A MMO allowing players to run out of content after 100-150 days is highly embarressing and bordering on failure)
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-07-2010, 01:37 AM
The best way to handle the maintenance scheduling problems would be to release the content with (many) fewer near game-breaking bugs that require immediate fixes. Sure, all software (and MMO software) has bugs, but all other games I play generally need one fix immediately after an update, to fix a couple critical issues, and then go 1+ month until the relatively small number of less urgent bug-fixes are rolled up into a "Patch 1".

Cryptic is great about communicating with their player base. Puttiing out a high-quality product though? Not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Thanks for the support!

I am voting with my feet and cancelling my subscription today. Not use paying for a game I can't play. These are the reasons MMO's fail and are canned after 12 months.
Kan I havz Ur stuffs?
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-07-2010, 02:06 AM
LoL probably this time will the it fixed, that i can explore new systems with my friends