Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Wierd bug i guess, I'm not getting any experience points from missions. Currently I am RA uppher half 6 and when i put my mouse over my rank at the top of the screen, it says "You have the maximum rank and grade. Skill points earned will go to your officer pool instead of your own." What gives? Pls help as this is the only toon im playing in this game...

Ticket #943259
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Same bug here
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2010, 12:56 AM
RA UH6 is it. Hail Quinn and go see him at ESD to get promoted to VA 1.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2010, 06:25 AM
That's level cap so not a bug. The bug is you need to spend your points then you will be promoted to VA1 like all the ranks you got previously.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfire25 View Post
Wierd bug i guess, I'm not getting any experience points from missions. Currently I am RA uppher half 6 and when i put my mouse over my rank at the top of the screen, it says "You have the maximum rank and grade. Skill points earned will go to your officer pool instead of your own." What gives? Pls help as this is the only toon im playing in this game...

Ticket #943259

Character Ranks... Beyond RA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDestra
Hey All,

In preparation of the upcoming skill cap increases over the course of future developments, here is a brief write-up of the currently planned character ranks!

Q: What are "grades"?

Grades are the levels in between the Ranks. For example, you are a Lieutenant at level 1, 2, 3, 4, etc, all the way up to 10, meaning there are 10 separate "grades" for the Lieutenant Rank.

Format: Federation Name/Klingon Name

Rear Admiral, Lower Half//Brigadier General
Levels: 41-45
Tier: 5
Grades: 5

Rear Admiral, Upper Half//Major General
Levels: 46-50

---Planned Level Cap for Update 2: Level 51---

Vice Admiral//Lt. General
Levels: 51-55
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2010, 11:19 AM
So it's respec time... why you ask? I'm sitting on 200 points I can't currently spend. As I suspect others "with this bug" are. Wunnaful. I've been avoiding respecs like the plague. (Edit: Only game so far that I've respec'ed in that DIDN"T make you reclick every single point!)

Edit:
And before the individuals from the other RAUH6 threads pour in... some people -like myself- are 'insane' and fully intend to rank 9 everything. So far this is the first game to actually allow that (in that it looks like there will eventually be the points for it), and I and my insanity are quite thrilled.

(snark)Every point counts... well unless you're on the ground, and then only superior numbers count.(/snark)
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Its probably not a bug. Check if you have any experience points to spend. If you have 200 experience points left, spend them on low level skills (ensign) skills. Once every point is spent, then you will be ranked up. RUA6 is a temporary rank that you get until all those skill points are spent.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, not a bug. You haven't spent all your skill points and will not rank up to Vice Admiral until you do. Note that if you've never respecced, you've likely got a pile of free respec tokens that you got as you ranked up and never used. If you don't have any tokens, you'll get one at VA1. This means that, if you are not happy with your present options, you can spend the points, rank up, get the respec token, and then fixit.