Lt. Commander
# 1 Whats Going On ?
08-07-2010, 12:02 AM
STO should be ashamed, constant lagging, no story, no decison making. Not what they said would be at all. How many players online??? Not many never enough for PVP. Very sad had such high hopes!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibra
STO should be ashamed, constant lagging, no story, no decison making. Not what they said would be at all. How many players online??? Not many never enough for PVP. Very sad had such high hopes!
No Story? No players? No PvP? I'd empathize, but I just can't. Try reading your quests and missions, there's plenty of story there. These are some of the best written "quest" plots I've seen in a long time, it's refreshing to not have to read the typical MMO regurgitated story lines and enjoy something with substance. I can rarely travel across one quadrant of space without spotting at least 3 other vessels. Chat's always active, especially in zone. I've found a community of RPers and people to interact with.

As for PvP? Roll a Klingon. Come back here and comment on your experiences in PvP after the fact. Of all things that require balance in this game, PvP is one of them. Thankfully, it's a PvE game first.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Hard to read the MIssions and Quests descriptions if cryptic can not translate from english into german, broken german with massive text failures are fail or other bad: no translate into german XD
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2010, 04:11 AM
what i miss is the thing a multiplayer game is made for: _playing together_

actualy its a solo game for 95% of the time, whats pretty sad! i mean klingon/starfleet-academy and bridgecommander was far better for that, more simulation, better storry!
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe479 View Post

actualy its a solo game for 95% of the time, whats pretty sad! i mean klingon/starfleet-academy and bridgecommander was far better for that, more simulation, better storry!
I see the reason for the independent player thing as being the expression of many many bad attitudes on the posts in this forum. Those types of posts do not open people up to join in group settings.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe479 View Post

My fleetmates and I routinely do team missions because it is more fun with a team of players than a team of BOffs. The game has missions that can be solo'd (with BOffs) and teamed (with Players) at the choice of the player and I think that is a good situation. There can be few complaints concerning "forced" teaming since it is largely unnecessary.

I do pug from time to time and I've meet some good players; I've also met some antisocial players. If you experience this just make a note not to team with them again and you're gold.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
somebody call the Whaambulance

I disagree with everything said. While it's not perfect, it's still a pretty good star trek game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
"The sky is falling, the sky is falling."

Full story.

Hmm.