Lt. Commander
# 31
08-19-2010, 08:19 PM
This has been bugging me too. We get sent to three different places for Diplomatic missions by the FDC Amasador. All three will be as far apart as possible, yet we can only Transwarp to one station every 30 minutes. Convenience abilities like Transwarp shouldn't add to a game's inconveniences.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Strange how they're willing to make controversial moves in other areas but they're not willing to make this change that pretty much every player in the game wants and would be happy with.

Anything that minimizes our time wasted in sector space is a good thing. The cooldowns not continuing to tick while we're on the ground on logged off makes no sense. I also often use transwarp right at the end of my session to do stuff at Earth, and logging back on the next day and not being able to use it is an unnecessary annoyance that we really shouldn't have to deal with.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
There's a definite inconsistancy with the cooldowns. Sometimes they go out of sync by as much at 10 minutes. I haven't been able to figure out what causes the shift in times, but the three diplo TWarp cooldowns drop to less than the Sol one.
I still can't get this nailed down. And it seems that maybe the shared cooldowns are clocking while docked. For example, if I TW to Sol, they all show the 30m CD, but if I dock for 15mins, I come out and SOL still shows 29m, but the other three show 15m. I dunno. Very inconsistant.

I guess I shouldn't complain as that's "good" for us... but still... seems buggy.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Personally, I don't mind them having a shared cool down; it actually makes sense in-universe, since you're using the same exact engines to do the jumps.

What they DO need is to simply decrease the absolutely LUDICROUS cool-down time of 30 minutes. There's no reason for a power who' sole ability is to get you where you want outside of combat to take so &@(*#$& long to reset. A shared 5 minute cool-down, with the recharge still happening while on the ground, would be perfect.

They tried to placate VAs by giving us Quantum Slipstream, but that lasts for a worthless 30 seconds, and then needs to cool for 2 minutes. And since you enter new areas always facing 'north', no matter where you entered from, it's pretty useless when crossing borders.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-26-2010, 05:46 AM
/bump

Fix the cd's please.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
The Transwarp to Earth Spacedock Captain Power Shares a 30 minute cool down with the Diplomatic Power Transwarp to Starbase K7 (and I'll bet with the other Diplo TWarps I don't have yet). That 30 minutes only ticks down while you're in your ship. If you TWarp in and dock, you could spend hours on the ground, beam back to your ship, and still have 29m remaining on all your TWarps. That seems gimped to me.

I'd like to see any one or more of the following improvements:

Allow the power's CD to recharge while docked/on the ground. The ship is in idle, it's warp coils should still be recharging.

Lower the shared Cooldown.

Keep the primary CD to 30m, but lower the shared system CD to less than that (10-20m).

Also, I'd like to request a TWarp Power to each Memory Alpha and the Omega Battle Group.
You know Cryptic will argue this:

"Well, Transwarp locations, is not the same as using the Transwarp drive. The reason they share the same cooldown, is because the actual DRIVE itself has to recharge."

That's the answer I am expecting.

Unfortunately this make sense. So probaly it won't be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto View Post
You know Cryptic will argue this:

"Well, Transwarp locations, is not the same as using the Transwarp drive. The reason they share the same cooldown, is because the actual DRIVE itself has to recharge."

That's the answer I am expecting.

Unfortunately this make sense. So probaly it won't be changed.
Yup, I'm ok with this story. But as I responded to PrincessKatrina on the same story above:

Quote:
...One ship, one drive, one cooldown. I get that, and I'd actually be ok with it (if I had to). It's the fact that my ship's one drive that can't recharge while I'm taking care of business on the "ground" -- Again, I stay an hour in dock, I come back there's still nigh 30min left on the recharge clock. That's a pile of steaming feldercarb.

I don't buy that they can't make tech for the game to track your Captain in two "places" (space/ground) at once, that you can only exist in either One or the Other. Their system is designed ot handle Passive Powers. Treat the Transwarp as one of these while on the Ground. While in Space, the TWarp is ticking normally. If I switch to Ground, the game should hand over that CD info, and can track it in the background just like it currently does any other Passives. This way there's no unrealistic TWarp power in your Captain's power tray.

All that Passive TWarp needs to do is cound down and when you revert to space that Passive updates your standard TWarp. Done and done. I honestly do not get how hard that can be. They had a similar (though I think it was unintentional) feature with the Tribble Buffs. Those timers could go between Ground to Space, and back again for a whole hour.

So I'll beg this again:
Please Cryptic: Fix Transwarp Power -- It should cool down in 30 minutes. Real Time. Whether I'm in my ship or on foot! Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taallyn View Post
This has been bugging me too. We get sent to three different places for Diplomatic missions by the FDC Amasador. All three will be as far apart as possible, yet we can only Transwarp to one station every 30 minutes. Convenience abilities like Transwarp shouldn't add to a game's inconveniences.
Wait people complain that 'space isn't big enoough in STO'; and now we have someone complaining that 5 minutes max(it doesn't really take a lot of time to get from one end of the game Galaxy is to much? Wow.
Stuff like these 'transwarp' conveniences are usually added to an MMO after players HAVE spent a lot of in game time traveling to and from far off areas (I can tell you never tried EQ in it's heyday, when a boat trip to Kunark could involve an hour or more of travel time ); and that' after multiple years online, not 7 months in.

You have warp drive. Use it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-27-2010, 09:33 AM
I agree with this 100% the CD should keep going no matter what your doing even if your offline and if they dont want to completely separate CD then separate it into groups. Transwarp to ESD has its own, Diplo reward Transwarp has its own CD and then the new ones for the Excelsior has its own CD
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
I agree with this 100% the CD should keep going no matter what your doing even if your offline and if they dont want to completely separate CD then separate it into groups. Transwarp to ESD has its own, Diplo reward Transwarp has its own CD and then the new ones for the Excelsior has its own CD
Thanks for the support Spartan. That's not a bad idea separating the types of TWs for determining their shared CD. I have to admit though, I think at this point I'm mostly for the CD-Recharges-While-Off-Ship "bug" fix (as that satisfies the "one engine" storyline).

But speaking of types. I got the Excelsior-class ship last night. That adds 9x New TW Powers to my character. I now have 13x total TW Jump Destinations to chose from. Unfortunately, they all share cooldown. It's interesting to click one and see a whole tray row flash to a 30m CD.

I'm a little concerned that the Excel's TW description that says there's a chance it won't work. Heh. Lovely. So there will come a day that I'll click, have that flavor-glitch happen, the TW not work, and then even my Diplos go on the blink. Sweet.

Further, as mentioned above, the CDs all go out-of-sync. I've only had the new ship one night, and didn't get to play with it much before bedtime, but I saw the CD timers go off timer again. At one point, I had three different CD times (even when right after the intial use they all said 30m). Strange.

Finally, a new "Fix" is needed with the Excel's TWs. They all have the same "ESD-like" icon. Nine new icons that all look the same. They have different titles if you mouse over them, but unlike the Diplo TWs that have the destination starbase silhouettes, these just have the "warp hole" picture (again, just like the original Captain's TW power). I understand there's no one base to paste in the button, but perhaps Cryptic could add the destination sector block's initials, or some other representational icon.