Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Lifetime + Gal-X = Free Excelsior
08-29-2010, 03:24 AM
I bought the Lifetime Subscription. Then, I bought the Galaxy-X when it came to the C-store. Although I knew it was in no way a win button, my Gal-X is arguably the least useful T5 Cruiser, although it cost me $25 on top of the $300+ I've already spent.

Free Excelsior Retrofit, please!
/ extend Colbert grabby-hand

[EDIT]
BTW, the majority of my posts on this forum have been overwhelmingly positive and in support of the devs. Plus, I've never disparaged the devs themselves, nor claimed this game is anything but awesome. As a Lifer, long-time forum member, Beta testing bug reporter, and ongoing supporter of this game, I reserve the right to speak up when I think something is wrong. So, please, use a little bit of restraint if you disagree with me. No need for personal attacks, name calling, or any other type of trolling.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-29-2010, 04:43 AM
You could have saved those 2000 cryptic points by actually going out there and "earning" the Galaxy X.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Riiiight... because finding and convincing 5 people who'd actually spend enough money on this game, who haven't already done so, wouldn't have taken more time and effort than it did for me to earn $25.

P.S. I won't be able to see any of your replies, because I've already added you to my ignore list. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-29-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
I bought the Lifetime Subscription. Then, I bought the Galaxy-X when it came to the C-store. Although I knew it was in no way a win button, my Gal-X is arguably the least useful T5 Cruiser, although it cost me $25 on top of the $300+ I've already spent.:
Wah wah wah gimme free stuff for no reason for I am a beast that must be quelled, lest my rage burn a hole in the dev team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
P.S. I won't be able to see any of your replies, because I've already added you to my ignore list. :p
La la la la I'm not listening la la la la
Imagine if everyone acted like this.
"Mr President, how do you respond to these criticisms of your healthcare reforms?"
"How do you respond to me criticising yo momma!? Boo ya!"

P.S. I won't be able to see any of your replies, because I've already added you to my ignore list
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-29-2010, 06:14 AM
*rolls eyes*

The perk of the LTS is....




























...wait for it...


































...wait for it...












































---wait for it...














































...not having to pay a subscription fee! You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You simply paid a nominal fee up front and now no longer have to pay. Within the first two years of this games life your 'investment' in this game will be surpassed by everyone who pays a monthly fee.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashryd View Post
Wah wah wah gimme free stuff for no reason for I am a beast that must be quelled, lest my rage burn a hole in the dev team.
I spent more money on this game than you (over $325), and the $25 ship I bought is outclassed by those that are either cheaper or free, so there's 2 reasons. Nice try at trolling though.


Quote:
La la la la I'm not listening la la la la
Imagine if everyone acted like this.
"Mr President, how do you respond to these criticisms of your healthcare reforms?"
"How do you respond to me criticising yo momma!? Boo ya!"
This is a video game forum, not the Executive branch of the most powerful nation in the world. Epic analogy fail. :p

Quote:
P.S. I won't be able to see any of your replies, because I've already added you to my ignore list
Stop copies me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefra View Post
Within the first two years of this games life your 'investment' in this game will be surpassed by everyone who pays a monthly fee.
A. I'd only be surpassed by those who continuously pay every single month since the launch of the game. Logic Fail

B. Rolls Eyes =

C. /Ignored
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-29-2010, 07:35 AM
I fail to see the logic behind your argument.

The technical specs for the Galaxy X was out long before it was even released in the C-Store so you knew what was coming for you.
It was also clearly stated that the X was not a Win button and as such, had some disadvantages over existing and upcoming ships.

The fact that you and I are lifetime members, only serves to proove that we had great hopes towards this game, and as such trusted enough in the game to make a long term investment.
We also got our rewards for this, best of all the Liberated Borg, wich is not in the C-Store atm, and does not seem to make it's way there anytime soon.

There have also been talks that all existing ships MIGHT get an overhaul based on the current T5 Excelsior layout, as it seems that one of the ship leads wanted all the ships to have similar layouts (depending on tier of cause), so in the end you might just end up seeing upgrades to the ships you already have.

Quite frankly: You should step back for a moment and look at what you already have. If you can't see it, you might be one of thoose who always want more, but so far you've gotten Exactly what you've paied for and as such you are not entitled to more, and you should not feel entitled to demand more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I fail to see the logic behind your argument.
There is no logic behind his argument. He wants to be entitled to more than others, more that he originally agreed to with his LTS purchase. He infers that he paid more money than others, but this is inaccurate since the only thing that can be accurately said is that he has paid more up front.

His logic is ego driven and therefor not logic at all. If you follow his 'logic' it will lead you to everyone that invests as much money as he did and bought the G(x) should be entitled to a Excelsior.

What is really funny is that if you take his 'logic' further there will come a time when the entitlement he seeks will no longer applies to himself, but to others.

Forget him and this 'QQ, please make me special' thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Wow, people, is it really such a crime file a single complaint in 6 months? It's not like I said I'm quitting, insulted the devs, or anything like that. Compared to a lot of the topics on these forums, my post was fairly tame. At least two of the people who've replied should go back and read the infractions policies, because you may be in violation of them at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
specs for the Galaxy X was out long before it was even released in the C-Store so you knew what was coming for you.
The stats for The Gal-R and Excelsior weren't announced. Before they came out, my Gal-X had a useful niche.

Quote:
It was also clearly stated that the X was not a Win button
I already stated I knew it wasn't a win button, but that didn't stop you from ignoring that. :p

Quote:
you might be one of thoose who always want more,
Thanks for the personal insult.

Quote:
but so far you've gotten Exactly what you've paied for and as such you are not entitled to more, and you should not feel entitled to demand more.
Actually, $25 for a ship that is outclassed by a ship that costs $15, or a ship that is free, kinda means I didn't get what I paid for. That's the whole point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-29-2010, 08:15 AM
This thread is being closed due to a high volume of content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.