Lt. Commander
This post is not asking how to get energy credits, as I already know how to acquire them. This post is asking how to get a lot of them, and very fast.

So, I decided to work on my crafting, and I didn't start until Commander. So, having as much energy credits as I did, I figured it wouldn't hurt to buy any data I'm missing on the exchange. Yeah, right. I need 12 encoded data for one item, and each encoded data is about 15,000 energy credits.

So, basically, I need to know how to get rich fast.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 02:10 PM
I play by 3 simple rules for getting money:

1: Never sell at the replicator

2: Be the cheapest on the exchange with loot.

3: If anything is selling at <50% of it's listed value, sell it at a vendor.

On a note, the better stuff you have, the more you sell, so i'd suggest starting working on elite, if you don't already do so.

On a day where I do nothing but grid explore missions, I earn between 1,000,000 and 1,500,000 credits.

fast enough?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I doubt I could survive in elite. My gear's a bit... lacking, hence the crafting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2010, 02:17 PM
#1 way to get rich fast: Don't buy crafting componenets, sell them instead to other people :p

Other than that, run all missions on elite, get good green and blue drops, put them on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanehouse View Post
I doubt I could survive in elite. My gear's a bit... lacking, hence the crafting.
I felt the same way in the beginning... But elite really only means that you should remain on the side (hence out of the way of torpedoes) of your enemy...
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Aright. I'll switch to elite and go explore a few nebulae. When my inventory gets full, I'll go sell some stuff, then upgrade my gear, piece by piece.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanehouse View Post
Aright. I'll switch to elite and go explore a few nebulae. When my inventory gets full, I'll go sell some stuff, then upgrade my gear, piece by piece.
Just remember: In the beginning you'll get your butt kicked often. Bring plenty of spare parts, and if your attempt fails, remember what you did, and change your strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Semi-related question:

Does difficulty level have an effect on the rewards for Aid the Planet missions?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
Semi-related question:

Does difficulty level have an effect on the rewards for Aid the Planet missions?
I Have noticed none. I usually get Greens from Elite Missions, but in the few past days, i've played on normal to get me through Diplomatic missions (yawn), and I still get about the same amount of greens as before.

So I would say no, my dear Ferengi... No profit there
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-07-2010, 02:59 PM
There's no way I can play on elite. I couldn't even get past the first group of Klingons. I try to target the Swordmaster and command all of my BOs to attack him, but I'm dead before I can even do that much.