Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I think a lot of people will agree with me on this one.

While it is nice having a Transwarp network, there's only one destination - Earth/Sol System.

Extra transwarp locations, such as one in the Kassae Sector (Regulus S/B), one in the Bolarus Sector (Iota Panovis S/B) and another in the Kailandra Sector (Beta Ursae S/B), would make travelling across the Federation a llot easier. You could still only have a single go every 30 minutes, but at least you could deside you destination.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Add an out-of-game cool-down, and I'd sign.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Will sign if there is an out of game cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I will sign it without an out of game cooldown. there should be a transwarp hub close to every MAJOR fed base, this includes K7, Sol, DS9, Memory Alpha, etc. They should be in the system map, not the sector map, and, the cooldown should remain the same. Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I think the cooldown is fine for the 'jump from anywhere to a gate' aspect, but gate-to-gate travel should function just as a door without worrying about that. The transwarp network begs to be used to eliminate travel lag.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2010, 12:50 AM
yeah, I'd atleast like to be able to say, go to sol and fly the ship through a gate that takes me to DS9, or something to that effect, kinda like the gate to Gamma Orionis, it could still have the same 30 minute cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I would so love to be in Psi Valorum and be able to transwarp to DS9 instead of haveing to travel through 3 sector blocks, or jumping to Earth and traveling through 2 sector blocks to get to Zeta Andromeda.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Transwarp is the "Home" button
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I think what is being lost is that "Transwarp" is a sort of "homing" button to return to start, or SOL. It is not really intended for anything else.

what "would" be useful is for "wormholes" to actually take you somewhere. there are two, but neither seems to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinsec View Post
I think what is being lost is that "Transwarp" is a sort of "homing" button to return to start, or SOL. It is not really intended for anything else.

what "would" be useful is for "wormholes" to actually take you somewhere. there are two, but neither seems to do that.
In the current game design that's all it is.

However, in canon, the Borg transwarp network is essentially a bunch of artificial wormholes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
What is the big swirly thing near the Briar Patch on the sector map? Is it supposed to be a wormhole or what? And also what are all the Blue, Green, Red, orange things in the sector map that look like paths/roads? Are they supposed to simulate something? Trade Routes? Transwarp highways?