Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, August 7th from 3AM PDT to 5AM PDT (10AM to 12PM UTC), in order to perform maintenance. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.
Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 09:13 PM
May I ask what for?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Are we going to be doing maintenance every day forever now? I understand how important it is, just...WOW
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Today's downtime is all back end maintenance for stability. We will not have any patch notes.

Though if you would really like some patch notes to read I give you this:

Patch notes 8/8/10

-Stuff for server stability

Don't let it ever be said that Indigofyre is not your pal
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argenacob
May I ask what for?
Prob for the same things as the past week. Season 2 fixes, memory leaks, etc. Speculation is that they are also doing server upgrades, probably hardware and software side. We hope (crosses fingers) that they put in more patches, but they haven't formally announced a 'formal' patch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
Are we going to be doing maintenance every day forever now? I understand how important it is, just...WOW
We will not be doing maintenance every day once all the Season 2 kinks are worked out. We *could* not do maintenance today, but the result would be: bad things happen while you play. This is a necessary evil to keep everything running smoothly.

Trust us, we would not be doing maintenance on a Sunday morning if it was not important.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIndigoFyre
Today's downtime is all back end maintenance for stability. We will not have any patch notes.

Though if you would really like some patch notes to read I give you this:

Patch notes 8/8/10

-Stuff for server stability

Don't let it ever be said that Indigofyre is not your pal
Thank you, I appreciate the response. AND, I would never say that you're not my pal
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-07-2010, 09:39 PM
One would think w/ all the Trek fans in Vegas, that STO would be a tad more stable, but hey at least when we all get back we'll have a better improved game!

P.S. We accomplished the Guiness World Record for most people w/ Star Trek Outfits in one location.

Old # was 507.....new # is 543!

...I'm #424

Congrats to the other 542 people that were here w/ me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIndigoFyre
We will not be doing maintenance every day once all the Season 2 kinks are worked out. We *could* not do maintenance today, but the result would be: bad things happen while you play. This is a necessary evil to keep everything running smoothly.

Trust us, we would not be doing maintenance on a Sunday morning if it was not important.
im having constant server not responding and crashing ever seince the last patch. will the maintance fix this?
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I am so glad to see customer service Indigo!

Not the maintenance, but you responding to the thread!

Thank you!

And, again I give my baud to the Australians. Those poor folks get snubbed every patch/maintenance.

Thank you again for being all customer servicy, it is greatly appreciated. (At least by one of the rabid.)