Lt. Commander
# 11
08-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMIndigoFyre
We will not be doing maintenance every day once all the Season 2 kinks are worked out. We *could* not do maintenance today, but the result would be: bad things happen while you play. This is a necessary evil to keep everything running smoothly.

Trust us, we would not be doing maintenance on a Sunday morning if it was not important.
Why didn't you test out the software before you released such a buggy season 2? That would have prevented most of the bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmont808 View Post
im having constant server not responding and crashing ever seince the last patch. will the maintance fix this?
Hopefully.

At least it will narrow down what it is that is causing your particular crashes so we can work on getting them resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedman70
Why didn't you test out the software before you released such a buggy season 2? That would have prevented most of the bugs.
We did, a lot. Unfortunately there are not as many cryptic employees are there are fans who play the game and sometimes there are things that will only appear once there are thousands of players trying to do the same thing at once.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Today's downtime is all back end maintenance for stability. We will not have any patch notes.

Though if you would really like some patch notes to read I give you this:

Patch notes 8/8/10

-Stuff for server stability

Don't let it ever be said that Indigofyre is not your pal
I really hate to complain but wouldn't it have been better to do this during yesterdays "Scheduled" Maintenance therefor only inconveniencing the Americans for one morning & everyone else for one day rather than for both days during your "Welcome Back Weekend"? Hardly a good advert for the game if such a weekend is advertised then people from around the world (who might come back) can't play it for most of the weekend because the servers are always down!
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Speaking as someone who just re-upped his subscription for 3 months...

You really dropped the ball on those one, guys. You should have delayed the "Welcome Back Weekend" for at least two weeks until you squashed all the bugs. This isn't going to convince people who left the game to return, especially our European players whose playtime falls right in the middle of the maint.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Today's downtime is all back end maintenance for stability. We will not have any patch notes.

Though if you would really like some patch notes to read I give you this:

Patch notes 8/8/10

-Stuff for server stability

Don't let it ever be said that Indigofyre is not your pal
Nice! lol Can you post release notes like this from now on please?
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Not bad Cryptic, 3 out of 4 nights with maintenance/patches. This is getting tiresome it is on at the same time every night and I think it further highlights my point in earlier threads that if there needs to be this much server time, putting it at different times so it doesnt **** everyone but those in the US would be fantastic. I wonder when you will start considering your european/asian/oceania customers?

BTW before someone goes on a rant about whining, i am NOT whining about the fact there is downtime for patches/maintenance. It's a good thing they are looking after the game, patching it and making sure the servers dont go down for much longer HOWEVER, if it does needs to happen EVERY night, change the times so we dont lose gameplay every night especially since it has been BOTH nights (aust time) this weekend!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I hate to bring this up, but your original post says Saturday 7th
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-08-2010, 12:38 AM
im glad you doing the patch last night i was doing the big dig with my fleet and was almost done and game crashed. we were so mad. we didnt even file a bug report, just yelled on team speak and signed off.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Defiantly really bad timing with the welcome back weekend..

Alot of the people who quit, are now seeing the same exact issues that made us quit in the first place still happening. I understand that problems happen, but when major additions to the game such as fleet battles and pvp have major issues or don't work at all, you're only reinforcing the feeling of not wasting money on this game.

I was actually thinking about re-upping until all of this.

I hope you work it out.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-08-2010, 01:26 AM
The most important thing for me is that you hopefully will get a solution regarding that grouping problem. Currently it seems for me like you patched the game down to a single player experience.