Lt. Commander
# 1 Sector Space Revamp?
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Thought I read a couple months ago they were going to revamp sector space to make it look bigger / vast. Saw some screen shots and it looked freaking amazing, but when I logged in for the free weekend, it wasn't there?

Did it get pushed back?

Scrapped?

In route?

Thanks,
Gen
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2010, 09:18 PM
It's rumored to be a Season 3 or earlier feature.

If you're RA and bove, you can check out a newly designed sector (Pelia). It's dark and beautiful - less cartoons and more starfields.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
While I do think they could have re-don Sirius sector and Gamma Orionis before season 2 went live if they tried I can say that they had better get the rest revamped as soon as possible as sector space is just miserable as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhawk View Post
Thought I read a couple months ago they were going to revamp sector space to make it look bigger / vast. Saw some screen shots and it looked freaking amazing, but when I logged in for the free weekend, it wasn't there?

Did it get pushed back?

Scrapped?

In route?

Thanks,
Gen
Is there any place I could see those screen shots? I'm intrigued.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2010, 12:34 AM
They're working on adding the new look to all current sectors. Pics can be found in darren kittor's thread on what the dev's are working on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2010, 03:46 AM
If its anything like the new borg area it still sucks balls like the rest of the game, why they dont just get rid of that stupid grid already i have no idea.

Theres been a million good ideas on these forums on how to fix it, but they there like a bunch of babies that dont wanna give up there blankie, well you know what Sector space sucks, you failed suck it up and fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
They're working on adding the new look to all current sectors. Pics can be found in darren kittor's thread on what the dev's are working on.
Who or what is Darren Kittor? I tried searching both for posts by that username and searching for it as just a general term in the search option, no matches either way. I'm guessing it's probably in the engineering reports forum.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's rumored to be a Season 3 or earlier feature.

If you're RA and bove, you can check out a newly designed sector (Pelia). It's dark and beautiful - less cartoons and more starfields.
Ah, ok was looking for the name of the new sector.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
If its anything like the new borg area it still sucks balls like the rest of the game, why they dont just get rid of that stupid grid already i have no idea.

Theres been a million good ideas on these forums on how to fix it, but they there like a bunch of babies that dont wanna give up there blankie, well you know what Sector space sucks, you failed suck it up and fix it.
edit: Oh I see, you just spelled it wrong, he posted above me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Link?

Edit: Here it is