Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Sector Space Revamp?
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Thought I read a couple months ago they were going to revamp sector space to make it look bigger / vast. Saw some screen shots and it looked freaking amazing, but when I logged in for the free weekend, it wasn't there?

Did it get pushed back?

Scrapped?

In route?


Thanks,
Gen
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-07-2010, 09:18 PM
It's rumored to be a Season 3 or earlier feature.

If you're RA and bove, you can check out a newly designed sector (Pelia). It's dark and beautiful - less cartoons and more starfields.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
While I do think they could have re-don Sirius sector and Gamma Orionis before season 2 went live if they tried I can say that they had better get the rest revamped as soon as possible as sector space is just miserable as it is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhawk View Post
Thought I read a couple months ago they were going to revamp sector space to make it look bigger / vast. Saw some screen shots and it looked freaking amazing, but when I logged in for the free weekend, it wasn't there?

Did it get pushed back?

Scrapped?

In route?


Thanks,
Gen
Is there any place I could see those screen shots? I'm intrigued.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-08-2010, 12:34 AM
They're working on adding the new look to all current sectors. Pics can be found in darren kittor's thread on what the dev's are working on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-08-2010, 03:46 AM
If its anything like the new borg area it still sucks balls like the rest of the game, why they dont just get rid of that stupid grid already i have no idea.

Theres been a million good ideas on these forums on how to fix it, but they there like a bunch of babies that dont wanna give up there blankie, well you know what Sector space sucks, you failed suck it up and fix it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
They're working on adding the new look to all current sectors. Pics can be found in darren kittor's thread on what the dev's are working on.
Who or what is Darren Kittor? I tried searching both for posts by that username and searching for it as just a general term in the search option, no matches either way. I'm guessing it's probably in the engineering reports forum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's rumored to be a Season 3 or earlier feature.

If you're RA and bove, you can check out a newly designed sector (Pelia). It's dark and beautiful - less cartoons and more starfields.
Ah, ok was looking for the name of the new sector.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
If its anything like the new borg area it still sucks balls like the rest of the game, why they dont just get rid of that stupid grid already i have no idea.

Theres been a million good ideas on these forums on how to fix it, but they there like a bunch of babies that dont wanna give up there blankie, well you know what Sector space sucks, you failed suck it up and fix it.
edit: Oh I see, you just spelled it wrong, he posted above me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
They're working on adding the new look to all current sectors. Pics can be found in darren kittor's thread on what the dev's are working on.
Link?

Edit: Here it is
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM.