Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
They're working on adding the new look to all current sectors. Pics can be found in darren kittor's thread on what the dev's are working on.
I suspect the reason they didn't go back and add it everywhere is because they're looking at a mechanical overhaul for sector space sometime during Season 3 or so.

My suspicion is that we'll see DSEs converted into enemies who are fought directly in Sector Space, with an emphasis on SS activities performed at impulse speeds in a polished and more vast feeling implementation of Sector Space that gives us things to do there besides travel.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2010, 07:18 PM
If/when they do that (I'm DEFINITELY for it), I want to see In-Ship course plotting (hanging out on the inside, checking mail, playing mini-games, etc) and then your bridge to hail/comm you that you're approaching.

I also want to see the Transwarp Conduit system expanded. At least one to the Starbase in each Sector Block (get a menu asking the destination when you hit the transwarp ability/button - default: faction capital), with the ability to choose where you want to go (higher tier ships and/or specialties designs/abilities/gear) should have correspondingly faster recharges on their Transwarp timer.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
The new sector space in Pelia still has visible, UGLY grids and silly planet lollipops, though. Still not good enough imo.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
The new sector space in Pelia still has visible, UGLY grids and silly planet lollipops, though. Still not good enough imo.
If you remove those, then it looks too much like a literal depiction of space, which is just about impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2010, 08:35 PM
According to the latest "Ask Cryptic," new sector space is slated for Season 3 or later.

The devs don't just want to make it more beautiful - they also want to make it more functional (i.e. having more reasons to be in sector or why we'd use that view).
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-15-2010, 07:43 AM
I don't see what's so impressive about the sector space links in his thread, oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-15-2010, 07:50 AM
I still vote for removing sector space, and navigating in warp areas via the bridge.

Lt. Commander
# 18
08-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
I still vote for removing sector space, and navigating in warp areas via the bridge.

This wouldn't do much.

The reason they want to revamp sector space is also to make it more engaging instead of an autonomous griffon-ride between systems.

I vote content to make Sector Space interesting and then tossing on the bridge blinders. After-all, many of the cool episodes of Star Trek happened while en-route to their actual mission.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Sector space can be fixed by 3 simple UI settings. 1 Turn on/off grid, 2 Turn on/off border signs, 3 Turn on/off lolipops. The border signs are the worst IMO. even in an asometrics view that it is supposed to represent you wouldn't have them. The screenshots of the "new" look only look like they turned down the gamma settings.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkmaster3k
Sector space can be fixed by 3 simple UI settings. 1 Turn on/off grid, 2 Turn on/off border signs, 3 Turn on/off lolipops. The border signs are the worst IMO. even in an asometrics view that it is supposed to represent you wouldn't have them. The screenshots of the "new" look only look like they turned down the gamma settings.
I've turned them off via mods. It doesn't look as pretty as you'd think - especially in Regulus Sector Space.

In fact it's harder to navigate due to draw distancing.