Lt. Commander
well i'm at a loss here i've read the faq for the dreadnaught in fact here is a copy and paste from the faq about it:

How can I obtain the Ship?

The ship can be obtained in two ways:

* Referring 5 accounts via our Referral Program will earn you the title of Master Recruiter, which will allow you to claim the ship for free in the C-Store.
* The ship can be purchased in the C-Store

I haven't referred anyone so i went for option number 2 just to buy it from the c-store but it shows restricted when trying to buy it from the c-store. anyone else experiencing this?.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-04-2010, 05:54 AM
what is your ingame rank?

it's restricted to read admiral AFAIK
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2010, 11:50 PM
well if that is true and i doubt that it is it shouldn't be. i have bought other federation ship skins that weren't restricted to rear admiral 5 that are rear admiral 5 ships from the c-store without my character being ra 5. And i think that cryptic is absolutely stupid for placing that kind of restriction on a c-store item now when there never has been that kind of restriction on c-store items before!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordaki987 View Post
well if that is true and i doubt that it is it shouldn't be. i have bought other federation ship skins that weren't restricted to rear admiral 5 that are rear admiral 5 ships from the c-store without my character being ra 5. And i think that cryptic is absolutely stupid for placing that kind of restriction on a c-store item now when there never has been that kind of restriction on c-store items before!
The Galaxy X Dreadnought is not a ship skin. It's a ship. An extra ship. A whole ship. Not a skin.

And it is restricted to just admiral levels. Because it's a Tier 5 ship.

You can't fly a Tier 5 ship at lower ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-05-2010, 12:39 AM
ship, ship skin whatever i don't give a rats wiz ****. remove the restriction is all i'm saying it's absolutely assinine to place restrictions on c-store items. but thats just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 6 50 people did get it
07-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Referring 5 accounts only 50 people made that list. Proof that bribes as rule do not work some people just went out and bought extra copies.. If you want make money you got to give people what they want.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
ship, ship skin whatever i don't give a rats wiz ****. remove the restriction is all i'm saying it's absolutely assinine to place restrictions on c-store items. but thats just my opinion.
ROFLMFAO.

Nah, keep the restriction. No Lt. should be able to fly a T5 ship. It's too much lady for someone that young and would completely screw game balance. Also consider it was not really designed to be put in the c-store in the first place.

If you don't have an RA5, level one. That way you can stop stomping your feet about "restrictions" and start stomping your fee about why the Galaxy-X is not your dream ubar ship. You do know you probably just threw away $25 given your demanding standards and righteous consumerism, don't you? enjoy your indignation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
If you want make money you got to give people what they want.
They did. The Galaxy-X as is. Now they want more than that.

I hope Cryptic learned their lesson with this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
All Tier5 ships are limited to RA. Even if you COULD buy it as an Ensign, what good would it do? You can't fly it anyway, same as all other Tier5 ships.

I just hope they will add more ships. Adds more variety to the game IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
What exactly is the point of removing the restriction? The higher tier ships in the shipyard are there but you have no access to them until you hit the required rank to command it. Why should this ship be any different? Even if you could buy a higher tier ship at a lower rank you still wouldn't be able to fly it until you hit the rank required to command it. Why would you want to buy it just to have it sitting around?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
You can't fly a T5 ship at lower ranks. You can't fly ANY T5 ship at lower ranks.

I don't see why this is such an obstacle?